| How to use the Link
Builder - Cites:
- Type the citation in the dialog box. To
locate the correct citation format, use the Citation
Format Assistant for Get a Document or the Citation
Format Assistant for Shepard's.
- Choose a service.
- Click the Build Link button.
You will see a link and the HTML
and URL for the link on the right side of the screen..
- Click on the link to test the search in this frame. If you
obtain the desired results, copy the HTML or URL and paste it into your web
editor, course management system, or other application that accepts web
| Other Uses for Link
- If you are working on a law review article, create
your own collection of links to the Shepard's reports for the cases you are
- E-mail a link to a colleague or to your students.
You can copy and paste the link into most current e-mail programs. Then, the e-mail
recipient can click on the link to be connected to the LexisNexis research system and
retrieve the document (a LexisNexis ID is required).
- Note: You cannot link to documents in
LexisNexis by copying the URL that appears in your browser's Address or Location field.
Use Link Builder instead.