What's New on Nexis >
New News & Business Databases and Information Updates for the LexisNexis® Online Services
Most of the 46 titles added this month serve to provide international perspective in a wide variety of industries. The 22 Business Monitor International industry reports provide industry analysis in emerging markets. And 7 additional News Bites publications cover stock exchanges in diverse geographic areas. An interesting addition from PR Newswire - CSRWire -- reports on the corporate social responsibility activities of primarily public companies here in the U.S. More China coverage was added this month with the addition of two more titles from the publishers of China Economic Review.
Note that all titles below are hyperlinked to their entry in the Searchable Directory of Online Sources. Click to learn more about each title.
Business Monitor International's Industry Reports provide unparalleled analysis of global industries and research on leading companies in Emerging Markets. They cover all key global developments influencing company strategy, including country, regional and global supply and demand dynamics. BMI's Reports contain business-focused analytical content which enables analysts, economists and senior management to plan company strategy, manage risks and identify new opportunities for specific country markets.
Each report includes:
- Executive Summary - Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering output, sales and major industry trends.
- SWOT Analysis - Analysis of the major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the sector, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
- Regional Overview - In-depth analysis of the major cross-country investment and financing trends that affect each market, supported by BMI's regional industry forecasts.
- Business Environment Ratings - BMI's Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward index aimed at investors. The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industries, economic and demographic data points.
- Industry Forecast - Historic data series and 5 to 10 year forecasts for all key industry indicators supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Competitive Landscape - Comparative company analyses and rankings by production, sales, % market share, employees, registration date and ownership structure.
News Bites report on stock exchange markets, by index and sector, to identify price and trading volume changes, including bullish and bearish signals and market action tables. Each report includes:
- Sectors that have been markedly active in the day, by price, volume and value changes.
- Stocks that have been markedly active in the day, by price, volume and value changes, substantial shareholder changes and directors dealings.
- Tabulated financial reports showing stock exchange-listed companies' seasonal monthly, quarterly, half-year and full-year financial Results, including a two-year comparison of selected variables for half-year and full-year results.
- Stock Exchange disclosures reports giving a summary of any Company Announcements, the trading position in brief at the time of the disclosure, a note of previous announcements in that subject area and either a link to the Announcement or its text in full.
Energy Daily has the forefront of major developments in the energy industry. The top daily publication among energy executives covers all aspects of the energy industry including electric utilities, nuclear power, natural gas, oil, coal and alternative fuels.
Las Vegas Sun is an independent afternoon newspaper covering Las Vegas and Nevada. Gaming and casino related customers will benefit from this Nevada publication. The Las Vegas Sun's extensive coverage of these key areas as well as other major local issues makes it a leading voice in the community.
CSRWire, published by PR Newswire, distributes press releases, events, books and reports that focus on socially responsible initiatives with an emphasis on the corporate social responsibility activities of primarily U.S. companies.
SinoMedia is a unique player in the Chinese market due to its blend of western best-practice business expertise and on-the-ground knowledge. Their flagship title, China Economic Review was recently added to the LexisNexis® services, and these additional titles serve to broaden our coverage of this region. These sources provide an in-depth analysis of key sectors in China's economy as well as specialist coverage of certain industries from a China perspective.
- China Insight is a monthly service which provides in-depth analysis of key sectors of China's economy. Content includes breaking news and industry trends, sector indicators and stock performance, company profiles, and interviews with decision-makers, retailers and consumers throughout the country.
- China Insight Briefs is a weekly service which provides in-depth analysis of key sectors of China's economy. Content includes breaking news and industry trends, sector indicators and stock performance, company profiles, and interviews with decision-makers, retailers and consumers throughout the country.
- China Offshore specializes in coverage of the offshore finance industry from a China perspective. It is the China Economic Review group's platform providing connections for the offshore finance industry with China's top business people and high-net worth individuals looking to reduce tax liability and protect assets.
- MICE Now (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events) specializes in coverage of the conference and hospitality industry from a China perspective.
Foreign Correspondent is a premier current affairs program produced by one of Australia's most respected media outlets. The weekly show has been running for almost two decades and reports on major international events and issues.
Presse Ocean is a French Regional tabloid providing general news from a regional perspective from the West of France. It covers the Loire area and principally the cities of Nantes and Saint-Nazaire. In French language.
Latin Portfolio is the leading provider of regulatory, compliance and tax information to global institutions investing in the Latin American capital markets. Latin Portfolio delivers must-have information to corporate counsel, compliance officers, business lawyers, tax directors, tax lawyers, consultants and other senior level professionals. Institutional users include investment banks, money-center banks, asset managers, multinational corporations, law firms, consulting firms and multilateral organizations.
RC&A - Risk, Compliance and Audit is the official publication of the Risk Management Association (RMA) in Germany, which is the professional association of the risk managers in Germany. The magazine focuses on corporate governance, risk management, and compliance as well as internal auditing/examination. In German language.
Internet World Business , formerly known as Internet World, focuses on trends and ideas around the www; new strategies in web based marketing; optimal development of e-commerce models and strategies; experience-based case studies; new services in/around the www; and which technology is needed. In German language.
ADAC Motorwelt is the monthly magazine for members of the ADAC (General German Automobile Club). With news, test reports and practical tips, as well as information on law ADAC Motorwelt offers a broad variety of topics. In German language.
ADAC reisemagazin is a high-end travel magazine designed for those interested in travel in general than in specific destinations. In German language.
Businessbrief is a business management magazine that provides decision-makers in business with the information they need to make better business decisions. BusinessBrief occupies a very distinct and unique space in the South African financial media. It is the only South African broad spectrum magazine that focuses entirely on thought leadership and management issues.
Africa Investor Magazine (monthly) and Africa Investor Weekly Commentary are premier investment titles for decision makers across the continent. Africa investor (Ai) supplies a broad range of investment data, research, broadcast and published content to a growing number of investors with interests in Africa.