Lauren Jones was attempting to rob the Aboud grocery store when the owner, Ali Aboud, pulled a gun from under the counter and fired at Mr. Jones. The bullet missed Jones and struck and killed Aboud's wife, Rachel. Jones was arrested at the scene of the robbery and has pleaded guilty to robbery. No murder charges are pending against him.
The State alleges that the defendant, John Burns, planned the robbery of the grocery store and waited outside in the getaway car while Jones went inside to rob the store. The defendant has been charged with armed robbery for his alleged participation in the holdup and with felony-murder for the death of Mrs. Aboud.
This basic file offers impeachment, rehabilitation issues, and adverse examination. There are three witnesses for both the State and the defendant. A CD with exhibits is included.
Law professors may request the teaching notes for this publication by emailing ReviewCopy@lexisnexis.com .
Table of Contents
2. Power Of Eminent Domain
3. The Public Purpose Doctrine
4. Necessity For The Taking
5. Initiating Condemnation Lawsuit By Condemnor
6. Procedural And Substantive Defenses, And Defensive Pleadings
7. Order Of Taking
8. Pretrial Procedures And Preparation For Trial Or Settlement
11. Jury Instructions
12. Posttrial Procedure
13. Inverse Condemnation
15. Tax Considerations In Eminent Domain Proceedings
16. Distinctions Between Florida And Federal Practice
17. Benefi ts And Allowances Under Federal And State Programs
18. Environmental Concerns
19. Statutory Private Property Rights Protection
20. Constitutional Protection Of Property Rights
21. Eminent Domain Mediation