Speed identity verification, combat fraud and strengthen compliance with LexisNexis®, the leading provider of comprehensive data-driven due diligence capabilities and the industry’s most robust Big Data technology expertise.
We are your trusted source for anti-money laundering (AML) expertise and proven solutions that fortify compliance with key anti-bribery and corruption regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and critical AML mandates like Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Information Program (CIP). Our analytics will increase your ability to reduce exceptions, clearly understand risk in your customer base and conduct comprehensive enhanced due diligence to help prioritize those risks. Our solutions integrate into your systems to deliver flexibility and the highest levels of security and privacy.
You can depend on LexisNexis to optimize the integrity of your customer due diligence processes and maintain public trust.
- A Top 10 U.S. Commercial Bank Relies on LexisNexis® Bridger Insight® XG for New Account Validation and USA PATRIOT Act Compliance
- A Premier Investment and Wealth Investment Company Relies on LexisNexis® Bridger Insight® XG
- One of the World's Largest Investment Banks Relies on LexisNexis® for International Compliance
- Current Industry Perspectives into Anti-Money Laundering Risk Management and Due Diligence
From August 31 – September 14, 2015, LexisNexis and ACAMS conducted a joint research study to examine how the Anti-Money Laundering community is managing their Customer Enhanced Due Diligence and AML Risk Assessment processes. Online surveys were emailed to ACAMS’ full subscriber base and both LexisNexis Risk Solutions and ACAMS were identified as the sponsors of this research. No tangible incentive was offered for completion of the survey. In total, over 800 financial services compliance professionals responded.
- Navigating the PEP Landscape
Part I: Understanding Your Obligations
Understanding and complying with the complex U.S. laws and regulations that govern PEP policies and deciding which customers are risky can be difficult tasks. In this part one of a three-part series, we will break down the process step-by-step.
- Navigating the PEP Landscape
Part II: Assessing the Risks
Part two of the Navigating the PEP Landscape series focuses on assessing the risk of doing business with a PEP which boils down to evaluating the individual's risk for money laundering. Learn more about risk assessment guidelines and AML risk-assessment solutions.
- Navigating the PEP Landscape
Part III: Overcoming the Pain Points
Part three of the Navigating the PEP Landscape series focuses on challenges involved in screening and matching PEPs. Once a PEP is identified learn more about how you can better determine whether you have a valid match and how to reduce false positives.
- International ACH Transactions (IAT) Frequently Asked Questions
An FAQ on International ACH Transactions (IAT) to help you comply with the new rules. LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group teams up with NACHA to provide this helpful document.
- Emerging Anti-Money Laundering Risks to Financial Institutions
Every financial institution is charged with the responsibility of developing policies and procedures to combat money laundering, which includes the duty to be aware of trends and adaptations in the methods by which money laundering is carried out. The most difficult aspect of this responsibility is a financial organization's ability to anticipate new criminal behavior and to proactively implement protocols before the criminal behavior occurs. It's like trying to guess what previously unknown disease will be the greatest threat to life next week or next year. In truth, much as the emergence of a new disease frequently determines the direction of medical science, it is often the money launderer who determines the course the industry takes to restrict criminal money laundering activity.
With this in mind, this white paper will briefly describe the principal organizations involved in determining money laundering policy and procedures and will focus on emerging money laundering risks facing the financial services industry. LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group has been a leader in AML and the development of automated solutions to combat this growing challenge.
- Concepts in Customer Due Diligence: Meeting the Challenges of Regulatory Expectations
Customer due diligence is one of the best defenses a financial institution can maintain to guard against the dangers of money laundering and other financial crimes. Sometimes referred to as "knowing your customer," customer due diligence encompasses other aspects of an AML (Anti-Money Laundering) program, such as customer identification and enhanced due diligence (EDD). Moreover, the need for customer due diligence is integral to suspicious activity reporting requirements because the data collected during the CDD process gets transferred to the report. Learn more about the topic by downloading the white paper.
- Practical USA PATRIOT Act Principles for Banks and Financial Institutions
Some of the instructions on how to implement the Patriot Act regulations are easy to understand. Others are ambiguous and difficult to follow, requiring interpretation and different applications to various situations based upon risk. This white paper is provided as a tool to assist you with the intricacies of the Patriot Act.
- Practical OFAC Principles for Banks and Financial Institutions
This white paper introduces the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the procedures that institutions should follow to comply with OFAC regulations. This document is not intended as legal advice. It is meant to be a plain-English resource that will help clarify OFAC regulations and provide you with the knowledge to develop a sound OFAC compliance program. LexisNexis Risk Solutions has provided a checklist at the end of this white paper to assist you in creating OFAC compliance policies and procedures.
- Anti-Terrorist Financing Risk Management: Protecting Your Organization's Reputation Through Know-Your-Grantee Efforts
Learn more about how one of the best ways to prevent becoming involved in terrorist activities is to truly know the persons with whom you choose to conduct business. Know-Your-Grantee programs require resources, and that is something that nonprofit organizations typically lack. This white paper details some lessons from the regulated banking industry that can be applied in the nonprofit sector.
- Combating Identity Fraud: An Overview of Complementary Approaches.
Modern identity fraud is one of the greatest challenges facing governments, corporations and financial institutions. LexisNexis® Risk Solutions has been a leader in the study of identity fraud and in the development of automated solutions to combat it. Through its participation in identity fraud reports, law enforcement-private sector meetings and conferences and in industry-sponsored identity fraud events, LexisNexis® Risk Solutions has assumed an industry leadership position in the fight against this insidious menace.
- Anti-Money Laundering Risk Assessment Report
- A snapshot summary of a financial institution's BSA/AML risk built from dynamic, index-based attributes
- Anti-Money Laundering Risk Attributes
- Dynamic index-based perspective into key customer BSA/AML risk characteristics
- Anti-Money Laundering Solutions
- Protect against money-laundering, fraud and non-compliance
- Bridger Insight® XG
- Streamline regulatory compliance, protect your business and increase revenue
- InstantID® Q&A
- Authenticate customer identities in real-time
- Complete identity verification, spot fraud and uncover identity discrepancies in real time
- InstantID® International
- Mitigate risk by securely validating international identities
- WorldCompliance™ Data
- Robust databases of high-risk individuals and entities
- WorldCompliance™ Online Search Tool
- One-stop Sanctions, PEPs and Adverse Media solution