LexisNexis® and Florida DCF Showcase Identity Management and Fraud Prevention Program Saving Tax Payers Millions
LexisNexis Also Unveils New Predictive Health Care Analytics Tool at HIMSS14
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions today announced the company will join the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) to present an education session, ‘Detecting Fraud in Medicaid and Other Public Assistance Programs,’ at the 2014 Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition, Feb. 23–27 in Orlando. DCF has embarked on an aggressive campaign to eliminate fraud, waste and abuse in public assistance programs.
DCF is leveraging LexisNexis identity management solutions to verify and authenticate the identities of customers accessing public assistance benefits through its Automated Community Connection to Economic Self Sufficiency (ACCESS) Florida program.
Education Session Description:
- Detecting Fraud in Medicaid and Other Public Assistance Programs, Education Session 167
Wednesday, Feb. 26; 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
Orange County Convention Center, Room 205A
- Andrew McClenahan, Director of the Office of Public Benefits Integrity, Florida DCF, Sharron Washington, Interim ACCESS Director, FL DCF, and Clint Fuhrman, Senior Director, Health Care, LexisNexis, discuss how the Florida DCF is successfully using identity management program to prevent fraud in its public assistance programs. The session will describe the problem of identity theft in public assistance programs, demonstrate Florida DCF’s identity management and fraud prevention program and showcase the millions in savings the department has achieved to date.
“By verifying and authenticating the identity of the customer before processing his/her application, FL DCF is ahead of the curve in fighting fraud, saving taxpayer dollars and making certain that only those who need benefits receive them,” said Clint Fuhrman, Senior Director, Health Care, LexisNexis.
LexisNexis today also announced the availability of Population Health Monitor, a state-of-the-art platform designed to provide health care teams with comprehensive and meaningful analysis of patient populations to effectively manage risk, optimize care management and improve health outcomes. LexisNexis will debut and demo this predictive clinical analytics solution in booth #6352.
“As a result of the Affordable Care Act, health care organizations in the public and private sectors are committed to improving access to quality health care, improving outcomes and reducing overall health care costs,” said Dr. Peter Edelstein, Chief Medical Officer, LexisNexis. “We believe that Population Health Monitor can transform the way patient care is being delivered and will help improve the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities.”
Population Health Monitor offers powerful analytics and reporting features to ensure health care professionals are delivering the best patient-focused and collaborative care possible at reasonable costs. It is designed to empower health care providers and organizations with up-to-date clinical data to drive better quality and safety; to improve integration, collaboration and cost efficiency; and to increase patient engagement across their programs.
Several key features of the interface include the ability to:
- Stratify patient populations to tailor resources to meet staffing limitations, financial goals and/or targeted program needs
- Provide insight of what is truly driving risk to enable effective treatment plans at the point of care
- Identify practitioners who are leading the quality curve in treating patients, and those who will need more mentoring (specifically valuable for Pay for Performance)
- Pinpoint key indicators that may indicate the potential for fraud, waste or abuse
Members of the media who are interested in scheduling a briefing with a LexisNexis executive please Mary Alice Johnson at (571) 323-2585, ext. 2140, or by email at email@example.com.
About LexisNexis Risk Solutions
LexisNexis Risk Solutions (www.lexisnexis.com/risk) is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government assess, predict and manage risk. Combining cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced analytics, LexisNexis Risk Solutions provides products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions.
Mary Alice Johnson
ConnellyWorks, Inc. for LexisNexis Risk Solutions
(571) 323-2585, ext. 2140