Torts: A Practical Learning Approach (Bundle)
Your Price: $121.63
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another. A structured, practical and engaging approach to Tort law for Australian students
The second edition of this unique,
award-winning text introduces students to the legal concepts, key cases and contemporary issues surrounding the law of Torts and offers a practical introduction to how tort principles are applied in legal practice.
Specifically designed for undergraduate law students studying Torts in their early years at university, the text comprises a clear and accessible approach to the teaching of Torts law.
A strong pedagogic structure, incorporating learning objectives; case summaries; self-test questions; and further readings supports learning while hypothetical scenarios assist in the development of essential legal skills.
Fully revised and updated to reflect recent developments in case law, the new edition includes additional chapters on "Defamation" and "Intentional Torts relating to Goods" to ensure the text is fully aligned with both basic and optional topics within a Torts syllabus.
The text is strongly supported with online ancillary materials including research sources, news and caselinks. Features and Benefits
Practical, skills oriented, real world, student-friendly approach
Fully revised, updated and extended with two new chapters
Hands-on, practical approach underpins development of essential legal skills
Content aligns with recent trends in the teaching of Tort law
Table of Contents
Table of Contents Part A: The tort of negligence
1. The tort of negligence - an overview
2. Negligence and legal practice - the three main elements
3. Negligence and legal practice, duty of care
4. Assessing the relative positions of the plaintiff and defendant cases
5. Breach of duty of care by the defendant
6. Work-related accidents - employer-employee negligence
7. Defences to negligence claims
8. Duty of care
9. Other basic elements of negligence - causation and remoteness
10. Medical negligence
11. Liability regarding built structures
12. Lawyer negligence
13. Revision and assessment
Part B: Torts other than negligence
14. Torts other than negligence - an overview
15. Intentional interference with land
16. Intentional interference with the person
17. Nuisance (private nuisance and public nuisance)
19. Breach of statutory duty
20. Wrongful death
21. Case Study 1: Consent to medical treatment
22. Case Study 2: Psychiatric injury
23. Case Study 3: Economic loss
24. Tort Reform
25. Revision and assessment
Part C: Optional specialised topics
27. Intentional torts relating to goods
To order or for current pricing go to:
www.lexisnexis.com/store/au/ or call 1800 772 772
All prices are in AUD and include GST. All prices are current as of 01/02/09. Prices are subject to change. Orders are subject to acceptance by Head Office and remain valid until cancelled in writing. ^ If total order is less than $125.00 please add $11.00 for postage and handling.
You have 30 days in which to examine any book or service published by LexisNexis Australia. If it fails to satisfy your needs, return it in saleable condition within 30 days of invoice and we will give you a full credit. No credit is given for books and services published outside Australia.
? 2009 Reed International Books Australia Pty Ltd trading as LexisNexis. LexisNexis and the Knowledge Burst logo are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc. and used under license ABN 70 001 002 357.