Kenny Criminal Law in Queensland and Western Australia, 8th Edition
|Author(s) :||Devereux, J; Blake, M|
|Short Description :||This book is also available in eBook format.
Bundle the hardcopy with the eBook to save 75% on the 2nd copy.
|Published :||December, 2012|
This edition incorporates the many recent amendments to the Criminal Codes and to various other statutes relating to criminal law in both Queensland and Western Australia. Of particular importance is the incorporation of the 2008 changes to the Criminal Code (WA) which have significantly changed the structure and substance of the homicide offences and the excuses associated with homicide in Western Australia.
• A clear distinction between different jurisdictions allows readers to focus on their relevant codes and legislation
• Accessible design and clear structure assists student learning
• Direct application in other code law jurisdictions such as Tasmania
Colvin & McKechnie, Criminal Law in Queensland and Western Australia, 6th ed, 2011
Shanahan, Smith & Ryan, Carter's Criminal Law of Queensland, 19ed, 2012
2. The Trial Courts
4. Classification of Offences
5. The Trial Process
6. The Onus of Proof
7. Special Pleas
8. Criminal Responsibility
9. Parties to Offences
10. Special Categories of Liability
11. Preliminary Offences
13. Offences Against the Person
14. Sexual Offences
15. Offences Relating to Property
16. Drug Offences
John Devereux is a Professor in TC Beirne School of Law at the University of Queensland.
Meredith Blake is a Senior lecturer in the Law School at the University of Western Australia.