Mastering Law Studies and Law Exam Techniques, 8th Edition
|Author(s) :||Krever, R|
|Short Description :||
Pre order now
|Published :||December, 2013|
Presented in two sections, the first part of the book provides basic rules and helpful hints on study techniques. It then shows how to apply these guidelines by presenting a range of sample exam questions and answers, together with commentary from examiners about what separates an above average answer from an average answer.
Guides to success in moot court and on how to approach multiple choice and essay assessments are also included.
The eighth edition of this successful book has been fully revised to reflect developments in case law and legislation.
• Reader-friendly explanations on how to study law effectively
• Sample exam questions and answers from a range of core subject areas
• Explains what lecturers look for in exam answers
• Designed for law students and anyone else studying law subjects
• Includes specific advice for commerce or business law students
Chisholm and Nettheim, Understanding Law, 8th ed, 2012
Cook, Creyke, Geddes and Hamer, Laying Down the Law, 8th ed, 2012
Butt and Hamer, LexisNexis Concise Australian Legal Dictionary, 4th ed, 2011
Stuhmcke, LexisNexis Guides: Legal Referencing, 4th ed, 2012
About the Author
Richard Krever is a Professor at Monash University.
Other contributors: The sample examination questions, answers and some chapters of commentary are contributed by experienced law lecturers from leading Australasian universities.
• Reading and Summarising Case
• Some Studying Hints
• Some Basic Rules
• Multiple Choice and Essay Questions
• Sample Tort Exam Essay Question Paula O'Brien and Ian Malkin
• Moot Court Julie Cassidy
• Sample Exam Questions and Answers
-Legal Process (Introduction to Legal Reasoning): Ross Hyams
-Contract Law: Elisabeth Peden
-Property Law: Samantha Hepburn
-Tort Law: Paula O'Brien
-Criminal Law: Mary Heath
-Constitutional Law: Melissa Castan
-Administrative Law: Daniel Stewart
-Evidence Law: Miiko Kumar
-Trusts Law: Susan Barkehall Thomas
-Company Law: Paul Ali
-Tax Law: Micah Burch
• Study Strategies and Suggestions for Commerce Students: Michael Kobetsky
-Commercial Law for Business and Commerce Students: Pearl Rozenberg