Company Law: Concise Cases and Legislation
|Author(s) :||Harris, J|
|Short Description :||
Pre order now
|Published :||October, 2013|
Divided into two, chapters in the first half of Company Law follows the life cycle of a corporation from incorporation to insolvency through relevant case law. The second half of the book includes useful extracts from the Corporations Act.
• Combines company law cases and legislation in the one handy volume.
• Provides concise extracts and commentary from cases and the CA.
• Allows students to read cases iand legislation an accessible way.
Harris, Company Law: Theories, Principles and Applications, 2012
Austin and Ramsay, Ford's Principles of Corporations Law 15th edition, 2012
Gooley, Russell, Dicker and Zammit, Corporations and Associations 5th edition, 2011
Harris, Hargovan and Adams, Australian Corporate Law 3rd edition, 2011
2. Regulatory Framework
3. Corporate personality
4. Corporate capacity and corporate liability
5. Internal management and meetings
6. Shares and shareholders
7. Directors and officers
8. The duty of care and diligence
9. The duty of good faith
10. Misappropriation of corporate opportunities and secret profits
11. Managing conflicts
12. Members' remedies
13. Excerpts from the Corporations Act
Jason Harris is Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Law at the University of Technology, Sydney. He is an experienced corporate law teacher and is the author of a number of successful textbooks.he teaches corporate and finance law and insolvency. Jason is a member of the national executive of the Australian Corporate Law Teachers Association, a Fellow of Chartered Secretaries Australia and a member of the Corporations and Insolvency Committees of the Law Council of Australia (Business Law Section). Jason has taught company law to both law and business students for over ten years and has written widely in this field.