LinkedIn for Lawyers: connect, engage and grow your business
|Author(s) :||Hodgson, K|
|Short Description :||This product is also available in eBook format.
Bundle the hardcopy with the eBook to save 75% on the 2nd copy.
|Published :||September, 2012|
This practically written guide provides extensive tips and instructions to enable lawyers to start harnessing LinkedIn effectively. LinkedIn, when used in a structured way, provides an extra impetus to everything a busy practitioner is already doing.
This book will provide guidance on how to use LinkedIn to:
· Manage your reputation;
· Raise your profile;
· Build your knowledge base in your area(s) of expertise;
· Position yourself as a specialist/expert in your field;
· Keep in touch, and engage with, your existing clients and referrers;
· Meet and engage with prospects, potential referrers, colleagues and peers;
· Keep up to date with the key issues in your area of practice, in a particular industry sector or for a particular client;
· Research clients, prospects and competitors;
· Get the right people into your sales funnel; and
· Generate new business.
In addition, this book is a stepping stone to further useful resources, such as links and QR codes to the author?s resource centre, on her website. These include videos and podcasts.
· Practical guidelines enabling you to harness LinkedIn effectively to engage and win clients
· Concrete action steps ensuring LinkedIn can work for you and your firm
· Colour screen shots allowing you to easily navigate LinkedIn
· Useful diagrams to develop your understanding of the rapidly expanding world of social media
Chapter 1: LinkedIn Success Stories
Chapter 2: An Introduction to Social Media
Chapter 3: Content marketing
Chapter 4: Why LinkedIn?
Chapter 5: Planning for LinkedIn (and social media in general)
Chapter 6: Anatomy of LinkedIn
Chapter 7: Getting started, creating a compelling
profile and setting up your company profile
Chapter 8: Connecting with others
Chapter 9: Joining and starting groups
Chapter 10: Participating in, and leveraging, LinkedIn
Chapter 11: Advertising on LinkedIn
Chapter 12: Taking relationships offline
Chapter 13: Measuring your performance
Chapter 14: Managing / changing your LinkedIn settings
Chapter 15: Reported success stories, final words and useful tools and resources
Kirsten Hodgson has 13 years legal marketing experience, which included working in the marketing team for the Finance and Capital Markets Practice at Clifford Chance in London, and as Marketing Manager at Minter Ellison Rudd Watts with special responsibility for practice group and industry sector development. She set up Kaleidoscope in 2004 and approximately 80% of her business involves working with lawyers and barristers. She has used LinkedIn to directly generate work and it is her second largest referral source (after recommendations). In addition, Kirsten has experience helping clients get started with LinkedIn and has presented several workshops/seminars on LinkedIn and social media generally.