Contract and the Australian Consumer Law - A Guide
|Author(s) :||J W Carter|
|Short Description :||This book is also available in eBook format.
Bundle the hardcopy with the eBook to save 75% on the 2nd copy.
|Published :||November, 2011|
- Each chapter begins with a 'nutshell' summary
- 'Key dates' and 'key points' flags are used to summarise significant dates and points which emerge in the chapter
- Each chapter ends with a paragraph that summarises the 'salient points'
- The Table of Abbreviations is important to an understanding of the use of the following concepts in this book: 'Consumer', 'Consumer Contract' and 'Express Warranty'
Table of Contents
1. Introduction (includes The Derivation of the Australian Consumer Law)
2. Consumer Guarantees Regime
3. Exclusion Clauses
4. Liability of Manufacturers
5. Misleading or Deceptive Conduct and Other Prohibited Conduct
6. Unconscionable Conduct Regime
7. Unfair Contract Terms Regime
Carter, J W
JW Carter is Professor of Commercial Law at the University of Sydney and a consultant at Herbert Smith Freehills.