LexisNexis Guide Series: Legislation and Statutory Interpretation, 3rd Edition (Bundle)
|Author(s) :||Hall, K; Macken, C|
|Short Description :||Dual Format - Package: eBook + Hard copy
Read the Book Review.
|Published :||May, 2012|
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
Click here to see the Book Review by The Law Society of Tasmania.
LexisNexis Guide Series: Legislation and Statutory Interpretation provides a clear and accessible guide to one of the most important skills all students of law must master: how to navigate and understand legislation.
The authors provide an engaging overview of important aspects of the legislative process, its application and interpretation, together with examples, questions and excerpts from relevant legislation. This book is specifically designed for students studying the statutory process and statutory interpretation or anyone interested in knowing more about this subject.
The third edition of LexisNexis Guide Series: Legislation and Statutory Interpretation has been completely revised to include:
· Numerous recent cases and new exercises
· Expanded coverage of statutory interpretation
· Greater focus on online research with new examples and exercises.
· Expanded coverage of statutory interpretation aligns with current curriculum skill requirements
· Clear, accessible explanations ensures concepts are clearly understood
· Extensive questions, examples and excerpts from relevant legislation consolidate learning
· Coverage of online research ensures familiarity with a wide range of legal research resources
NEW! Online teaching support materials for lecturers and students include:
· Engaging PowerPoint presentations for lecturers
· Step-by-step approaches to solving statutory interpretation problems for lecturers and students
· Practice tutorial problems and guided answers, and short-answer questions on statutory interpretation and legislation
1. Introduction to this Guide, Legislation and Statutory Interpretation
2. Legislation as a Source of Law
3. Legislative Process
4. Statutory Interpretation
5. Answering Problem Questions on Statutory Interpretation
6. Researching Legislations
Appendix 1: Sample Answers
Appendix 2: Acts Interpretation Act 1901