The LexisNexis Store requires cookies in order to function. It appears that your browser has cookies disabled.
Please to find out how to enable cookies in your browser.
LexisNexis takes privacy and security seriously. You can view our policies here .
Private International Law - 2nd Edition
Mortensen, R; Garnett, R and Keyes, M
Private International Law in Australia is a substantial text now in its second edition, providing comprehensive coverage by internationally respected author, R.Mortensen, an expert in this area of law. This text includes important recent developments in private international law and private international law of tort, a major part of the field for practitioners and students, making this the most current and accurate text in this area of law.
One: Introduction to Private International Law
1. Scope, Development and Purpose
Two: Jurisdiction and Judgments
3. Jurisdiction: Exceptions and Immunities
4. Restraints on Proceedings
5. The Effect of Foreign and Interstate Judgments
6. International Arbitration
Three: Choice of Law Method
7. Choice of Law Method 1: The General Part
8. Choice of Law Method 2: Complications and Exclusions
9. Proof of Foreign Law
10. Personal Connections
11. Constitutional Limits on Choice of Law
Four: International Family Law
13. Marriage Validity
14. Separation, Dissolution and Annulment of Marriage
15. Parenting and Custody of Children
16. Property and Maintenance
Five: Choice of Obligations Law
Six: Choice of Property Law
19. The Method of Classifying Property
20. Transfer of Property between Living and Corporate Persons
21. Succession to Property on Death
Seven: International Company Law
22. International Company Law