The LexisNexis Store requires cookies in order to function. It appears that your browser has cookies disabled.
Please to find out how to enable cookies in your browser.
LexisNexis takes privacy and security seriously. You can view our policies here .
Vermeesch and Lindgren's Business Law of Australia - 12th Edition (eBook)
Lindgren, K E
Format: ePub , Digital
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
The twelfth edition of this longstanding and authoritative text, Vermeesch and Lindgren's Business Law of Australia, will be published in July. The author of the new edition is the Hon Kevin Lindgren QC, who retired in 2010 after 15 years as Judge of the Federal Court of Australia. Dr Lindgren is sole or joint author of 21 of the 31 chapters, and the authors of the remaining chapters are also leaders in their fields.
In addition to substantial revision and updating, the twelfth edition discusses in details the following recent legislative developments which have changed in the face of business law in Australia:
- the Personal Property Securities Act 2009;
- the National consumer Credit Protection ACT 2009 and the associated National Credit Code; and
- the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the associated Australian Consumer Law.
Please click here to see the Preface
1 The Sources of Law in Australia
2. Creation of the Commonwealth
3. The Courts
4. Formation of Contract 1: Agreement and Intention
5. Formation of Contract 2: Consideration and Estoppel
6. The Contract and Strangers to the Agreement
7. The Contents of the Contract
8. The Capacity to Contract
9. Formal Requirements and Classification of the Contract
10. Mistake and Misrepresentation in Contract
11. Duress, Undue Influence and Unconscionable Conduct in Contract
12. Illegal and Void Contracts
13. Discharge of the Contract
14. Civil Wrongs
18. Intellectual Property
19. Principal and Agent
22. Supply of Goods and Services
25. Restrictive Trade Practices
27. Guarantee and Suretyship
29. Succession and Trusts
31. Law, Society and Other Values