The LexisNexis Store requires cookies in order to function. It appears that your browser has cookies disabled.
Please to find out how to enable cookies in your browser.
LexisNexis takes privacy and security seriously. You can view our policies here .
Children and the Law in Australia
Monahan, G; Young, L
Your Price: $62.00
Format: Academic, Softcover , Book
This new work provides a comprehensive and thought provoking coverage of the ways in which the law and children interact. Apart from being a valuable resource to those working with children, this book will greatly assist those teaching in this area, whether in law schools or other disciplines, as there is currently little on the market which address the breadth of this important topic.
The editors have brought together a range of expert authors in public and private law areas such as criminal law, human rights law, immigration law, family law, medical law, disability and discrimination law, education and the legal process.
The book is designed not only to highlight the relevant law in each area, but also to identify where the current debates lie for each topic.
* Children?s Rights
* The Child In Utero and Ex Utero
* Perspectives from Contemporary Developmental Science
* The Effects on Children of Abuse
* Child Poverty, Homelessness and the Exploitation of Children
* Modern Legal Constructs of Young People II: Children and Public Law Issues
* The Criminal Responsibility of Children
* The Criminal Justice System and Young Offenders
* Protecting Children from Neglect and Abuse
* Migration, Refugees and Citizenship
* Disability and Discrimination Law
* Health, Housing and Social Security
* Child Care and Pre-School
* Indigenous Children III: Children and Private Law Issues
* Children and ?Family? Law
* Medical Treatment
* Contractual Liability
* Tortious Liability
* Property, Estates and Revenue Law IV: Children in Court
* Children as Witnesses
* Legal Representation of Children