The LexisNexis Store requires cookies in order to function. It appears that your browser has cookies disabled.
Please to find out how to enable cookies in your browser.
LexisNexis takes privacy and security seriously. You can view our policies here .
Land Acquisition - 6th Edition (Bundle)
Dual Format - Package: eBook + Hard copy
NOTE: After you have purchased a bundle online, the hardcopy will be mailed to you containing a code to access the eBook.
Your Price: $223.13
Format: ePub , Book
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC or Mac users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
After you have purchased a bundle online, the hardcopy will be mailed to you containing a code to access the eBook.
This text outlines the principles of one of the more difficult branches of law. It aims to digest the many judicial decisions into a form that reveals the essential elements and also seeks to summarise and abbreviate the critical statutory provisions in each jurisdiction.
The book is invaluable for:
· Solicitors called upon to advise or act for owners of land which is acquired compulsorily;
· Lawyers, administrators and valuers serving in a government or other authority that are involved in acquiring land compulsorily;
· Primary judges who are called upon to determine just compensation to the owners of compulsorily acquired land;
· Appellate judges who are called upon to determine whether the primary judge's determination is just according to law;
· Students needing a textbook setting out the principles governing the compulsory acquisition of privately-owned land;
· Valuers called upon to assess losses caused by the acquisition to owners of land.
· Authoritative, well respected author
· Currently the only book on the market in Australia on this topic
· Comprehensive - covers federal, state and territory legislation and case law
· Bradbrook & Neave, Easements and Restrictive Convenants in Australia, 2nd ed, 2000.
· Edgeworth et al., Sackville & Neave Australian Property Law, 8th ed, 2008.
· Hepburn, Australian Property Law: Cases, Materials and Analysis, 2008.
· Rossiter, Principles of Land Contracts and Options in Australia, 2003.
Chapter 1 Acquiring
Chapter 2 Procedure
Chapter 3 Compensation
Chapter 4 Valuation