The LexisNexis Store requires cookies in order to function. It appears that your browser has cookies disabled.
Please to find out how to enable cookies in your browser.
LexisNexis takes privacy and security seriously. You can view our policies here .
Elder Law in Australia, 2nd Edition
Your Price: $122.50
Format: Practitioner & Academic, Softcover , Book
Australia's population is ageing. In order for legal practitioners and other professionals such as financial advisors, accountants and healthcare workers to address the changing needs of their clients, it is essential that they have a solid grasp of the unique collection of legal issues that affect the elderly.
Written in clear and accessible language, the text surveys a number of topics unique to the elderly including: mistreatment in aged care, elder abuse, discrimination, capacity to execute legal documents and challenges to wills and estates.
This second edition has been updated to reflect recent changes to legislation and case law. It incorporates new commentary on intergenerational property transfer, statutory wills and the claims and entitlements of veterans. The sensitive issues of advance medical directives and termination of medical treatment are also explored.
- Draws together all the major areas of law impacting on elderly Australians and their families
- Identifies areas requiring consideration when advising elderly persons
- Clearly structured and easy to understand
Table of Contents
3. Legislating for Elder Law
4. Promises, Promises
5. Privacy and Confidentiality Issues
7. Liability Issues in Elder Law
8. Issues of Life and Death
9. Elders and Family Law
10. Care and Accommodation for Elders
11. Delegation and Capacity
12. Financial Issues
13. Making Wills
14. Family Provision: Challenging Wills