The LexisNexis Store requires cookies in order to function. It appears that your browser has cookies disabled.
Please to find out how to enable cookies in your browser.
LexisNexis takes privacy and security seriously. You can view our policies here .
Australian Personal Property Securities Law
Duggan, A; Brown, D
Format: Soft Cover , Book
View the sample chapter...
Click here to read the review reproduced by permission of Canadian Business Law Journal Inc., and Canada Law Book, a division of Thomson Reuters Canada Limited, from Cumming, Ronald C.C.: "Australian Personal Property Securities Law - A Book For All Reasons, by Anthony Duggan and David Brown (Chatswood, N.S.W., LexisNexis Butterworths, 2012, xxxvii, 371 pp., $80.00)", (2013) 54 C.B.L.J. 307-317..
Australian Personal Property Securities Law offers clear and concise commentary on this new legislation - its implementation, implications and impact. Written by distinguished academics and international experts in the area, Australian Personal Property Securities Law provides analytical depth and expert policy understanding, making this an invaluable resource for commercial law students and practitioners alike.
· An introductory section, discussing pre-PPSA forms of transactions, the history of PPSA reform and its objectives offers background clarity for students
· In-depth discussion of Personal property and its classifications, provides comprehensive understanding
· Comprehensive and authoritative analysis of the scope of the Act by experts in the area
· Provides up-to-date commentary on new legislation
Table of Contents
2. Personal property and its classifications
3. Scope of the statute
4. Writing requirements and attachment
7. Priorities: The Basic Rules
8. Purchase-Money Security Interests
9. Accessions, commingled goods and agricultural interests
10. Transfers of collateral
12. Default rights and remedies
13. Insolvency and the PPSA
14. Conflict of laws
15. Transitional provisions
16. International and Comparative Aspects
View the sample preface and table of contents