The LexisNexis Store requires cookies in order to function. It appears that your browser has cookies disabled.
Please to find out how to enable cookies in your browser.
LexisNexis takes privacy and security seriously. You can view our policies here .
Australian Tax 2013 (eBook)
Format: ePub , Digital
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
Australian Tax 2013 provides students with the skills to solve common practical tax questions.
Dr Paul Kenny uses the unique tax pyramid step-by-step method helps to simplify and explain Australia's complex tax laws and provides a framework for the students to carry into practice.
Australian Tax 2013 is designed for international and domestic business students with clear and concise explanations and examples . Dr Kenny's approach to teaching tax enthuses and encourages students to engage with the text, providing study help and real life examples.
• Contains nearly 1,000 examples and problems, from the most simple to complex
• Tax pyramid step by step approach to learning: overview and tax equations, components of the tax equations and detailed analysis of the components of tax equations
• Includes extracts of legislation and cases
• Includes tax equations and formulas
• Problems in text are designed for: tutorials, lecturers, workshops, self learning and team based learning
• Teaching and learning support available: case links, web quizzes, research links and solutions to identified problems in the text via www.lexisnexis.com.au/campus; additional problems, solutions and powerpoint slides available for lecturers
Kenny, LexisNexis Concise Tax 2013.
Gilders, Taylor, Walpole, Burton & Ciro, Understanding Taxation Law 2013.
Kendall, LexisNexis Study Guide: Taxation and Revenue Law, 2nd edition, 2011
Khoury, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Tax, 7th edition, 2010
Kenny, Quick Reference Card: Tax I and Tax II, 2013
Table of Contents
1. Policy, ethics and introduction
2. Income tax basics
3. International tax
4. Income tax accounting
5. Ordinary income
6. Statutory income
7. Non-assessable income
8. Capital gains and losses
9. General deductions
10. Specific deductions
11. Deduction limitations
12. Capital allowances
14. Superannuation and eligible termination payments
15. Special taxpayers
17. Fringe benefits tax
18. Goods and services
19. Tax planning
20. Tax administration
21. Taxation in practice
22. Solving complexity