The LexisNexis Store requires cookies in order to function. It appears that your browser has cookies disabled.
Please to find out how to enable cookies in your browser.
LexisNexis takes privacy and security seriously. You can view our policies here .
Criminal Law and Procedure in NSW - 3rd Edition
Hayes, R; Eburn, M
Your Price: $69.50
Format: Academic, Softcover, 675 pages , Book
This work is specifically designed to meet the needs of students who will be studying criminal law over one semester.
This work states the basic principles and provides the fundamental source material required for a study of New South Wales criminal law and procedure. It examines the substantive law in a procedural and evidentiary context.
This text gives students the thorough grounding they need in the basic principles of the criminal justice system before moving to the detail of their application in an expanding range of discrete contexts. It also provides practitioners with an introduction to the principal authorities and statutory provisions governing the practice of criminal law in New South Wales.
· Explanatory flowcharts introduce readers to the framework of general principles before proceeding to an examination of the principles in detail.
· The book provides a series of examples and problems suitable for discussion in lectures, tutorials and students' study groups.
1. General Principles
3. Voluntary Manslaughter
4. Involuntary Manslaughter
5. Non-fatal Offences Against the Person
6. Sexual Offences
7. Stealing and other Property Offences
8. Insanity, Voluntariness, Automatism and Intoxication
9. Duress, Necessity and Self-defence
10. Attempt, Conspiracy and Complicity
11. Criminal Procedure and Evidence - Part 1 Investigation, Arrest and Bail
12. Criminal Procedure and Evidence - Part 2 Trial, Admissions, Sentence and Appeal