Regulators are looking for evidence that your bank puts a premium on compliance. The costs (and risks) associated with non-compliance have been well documented through recent high profile enforcement actions. Regulators want to know that your institutions are committed to compliance and that your compliance officer’s skills are up-to-date with the latest compliance demands. Show the regulators, and others, that you can meet and exceed the demands compliance by completing the LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ Regulatory Compliance Certification.
This brand new certification webinar will give you the skills and knowledge needed to pass muster with examiners. The program consists of four webinar sessions and a set of accompanying manuals. Attendees who successfully complete all four sessions and pass the associated exams will be certified as a LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ Certified Regulatory Compliance Specialist, proof that you have the required knowledge for proper administration of the compliance function.
Following this comprehensive series of webinars, you’ll be able to:
• Build a comprehensive compliance and risk management program, which includes necessary policies, procedures and training for staff
• Understand the fundamental concepts behind key regulations as well as recent regulatory updates
• Determine coverage and limits of liability relating to deposit products and be able to comply with disclosure requirements and error resolution guidelines
• Develop procedures to deal with myriad mortgage lending requirements, which include fair lending obligations, meeting CRA tests/thresholds, HMDA monitoring and reporting and other important loan origination, compensation, servicing and foreclosure rules
• Adapt to changing consumer protection regulation requirements and ensure that your privacy, customer complaint, UDAAP, marketing and other related programs are properly structured
• Understand the background of the Bank Secrecy Act and AML regulations, including mandatory program elements, KYC procedures, regulatory reporting requirements and other best practices
The webinars will be organized according to the schedule below. Each 90-minute session consists of a presentation, interactive review questions and open time for attendees to ask questions. Attendees present for all 14 webinars and who complete a customer feedback survey will also receive a certificate for 25.2 continuing education credits. Those unable to attend a specific session will have access to recordings for all sessions along with presentation material on a secure website.
Session 1: February 25th, 2014 (11-12:30 and 2:30-4 ET)
• Deposit Disclosure and Interest Rate Requirements
o Expedited Funds Availability and Check 21 Act (Reg CC)
o Reserve Requirements (Reg D)
o Truth-in-Savings Act (Reg DD)
o Electronic Fund Transfer Act (Reg E)
Session 2: March 25th, 2014 (11-12:30 and 2:30-4 ET)
• Other Laws and Regulations
o Americans with Disabilities Act
o Sales of Nondeposit Products
o Consumer Protections for Depository Institution Sale of Insurance
o Regulation W (Transactions with affiliates)
o Loans to Executive Officers, Directors, and Principal Shareholders (Reg O)
Session 3: May 13-15th, 2014 (11-2:30 and 2:30-4 ET each day)
• Lending Requirements
o Truth in Lending (Reg Z)
o Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
o Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
o Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B)
o Flood Disaster Protection Act and National Flood Insurance Act
o Fair Credit Reporting Act and FACT Act
o Regulation U
o Consumer Leasing Act (Reg M)
o Regulation AA (Unfair or Deceptive Practices Act)
o Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
o Homeowners Protection Act
o Fair Housing Rules
o Fair Lending Laws
o Community Reinvestment Act
o Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Reg C)
Session 4: April 29-30th, 2014 (11-12:30 and 2:30-4 ET)
o Bank Secrecy Act
o USA PATRIOT Act
Upon successful completion, candidates who meet the requirements below will earn certification from LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ – a certification that shows your employer and regulators that you have met the standards of education, experience and skill required for this prestigious recognition by the industry leader in bank compliance.
To qualify as a LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ Certified Regulatory Compliance Specialist:
• Successfully complete all courses and exams. After purchasing the course, you will receive information about logging in to LexisNexis University, our learning management platform where you can download course materials, log-in to your webinar, take your exam, and receive your certificate. Registrants have up to 90 days from the date of the last webinar to take the exams.
• Complete 5 hours of related continuing education per year
• Certification expires two years after the date it was issued. To recertify, students must attend a new preparation course or have a current subscription to the manual, and must retake the exams.