We are proud to present the successor to LexisNexis Academic: Nexis Uni®. A suite of solutions for all your information needs. More than just a database, Nexis Uni® was developed based on feedback from university students. It’s academic research – but better. Nexis Uni offers the simple, intuitive research experience that today’s students expect, on any device they want. Nexis Uni® helps you to:
- minimize training requirements, so you can focus on other tasks
- give students the confidence to do independent research
- boost student satisfaction and encourage student use
This approach will enable you to achieve maximum value for your library’s budget by providing a tool that responds to the primary preferences of digital natives. The tool is equipped with the same extensive, reliable content that you rely on from LexisNexis.
Nexis Uni® won the CODiE award for Best Library Reference or Educational Database 2020, acknowledging LexisNexis solutions “Nexis Uni® brings intuitive search, incomparable content aligned to the needs of digitally native students"
The latest economic events
Overview of the latest economic events via press reports from all over the world.
Detailed company information
Company comparisons on the basis of sales or workforce size and other details of public and private companies.
What LexisNexis can do for Universities
The Nexis® research tool is particularly suitable for students, university staff and library users in search of national and international business, press and company information.
The research tools from LexisNexis enable these searches to be conducted more efficiently. LexisNexis Uni & Library Solutions is perfectly tailored to the needs of students, university departments and library users, providing access to comprehensive, high-quality and reliable material.
So what makes Nexis Uni® unique?
Students who have grown up with Google will immediately recognize the streamlined interface of Nexis Uni®. It starts with a large, clearly visible search bar. Students can search using natural language, or input complex Boolean search queries. As a result, Nexis Uni® is an ideal tool for students just starting their research careers, as well as advanced researchers. And that’s just the beginning!
Nexis Uni® offers you:
- A large international news archive: Access to articles from hundreds of local and national newspapers, magazines and press agencies. Also includes international news from sources in a wide range of languages.
- Sector-specific and company-specific information: Expand your search to include business and financial news, financial information on national and international companies, market research and sector-specific reports
- Translation option for dozens of languages: Translate search results from other languages into your preferred interface language using the translation function. This option enables you to expand your access to international sources.
- Effective research: Collect and analyse information from reliable sources. Students and lecturers can conduct detailed academic research using Nexis Uni®.
LexisNexis is a market leader in online information for higher education. The services are used by over fifteen hundred libraries worldwide and over eight million students and scientists. Nexis Uni® (LexisNexis Academic) is specifically designed to meet the needs of the academic community, so students and lecturers can always conduct their research quickly and easily.
Flexible suite of solutions for higher education
We have partnered with schools and universities all over the world for many years, and have an unparalleled knowledge of the information needed in the academic sector. As a result, we are able to offer a flexible suite of solutions to support six crucial processes within your organization. Since all your solutions comes from a single, reliable partner, you will also be able to save significant time and money.
Nexis Uni® (LexisNexis Academic) is a flexible suite of solutions for six crucial processes in higher education:
- Research by students
- Research by academic research groups
- Media monitoring and analysis
- Due diligence and risk mitigation
- Research on funding options
- Data mining and integration
Comprehensive company information
Numerous national and international providers of company information
Take a look at our top-class sources
With LexisNexis for Universities and Libraries you can search the current and historical archives of thousands of local, regional, national and international newspapers and journals and explore press reports, newsletters and magazines in a number of languages.
The important sources you can access include:
- The full text of more than 1,000 newspapers worldwide in English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian and Russian
- Archived publications such as the New York Times (from 1980), Financial Times (from 1982), Le Monde (from 1990) and taz (from 1995)
- Magazines, journals and newsletters including Manager Magazin, Der Spiegel and Newsweek
- Agency reports with updates several times a day, including respected names such as Agence France Presse, Associated Press, Business Wire, dpa-AFX and PR Newswire
- Hard-to-find transcripts of radio and TV broadcasts from the major English-language TV and radio stations including ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, NBC and NPR, and records of US Congressional Committee hearings and presidential news conferences
- Blogs posts
Our database of business information includes business and financial news, international company reports, information on individuals and countries and industry reports
- Company profiles, e.g. from Hoover's, Creditreform, Bisnode, ICC and Worldbox
- Financial information, e.g. from Bisnode, ICC, Infocredit and Worldscope
- Commercial register details from the Bundesanzeiger and SEC filings
- Mergers and acquisitions reports from Mergerstat and SDC
- Information on individuals from Marquis Who's Who, Zoom and Jigsaw
- Industry reports from Business Monitor International (BMI)
- Trade journals for various industries, e.g. Die Bank, Capital, CASH, The Banker, Euromoney, Global Investor and the Investors Chronicle for the financial sector
- Country reports from BBC Monitoring, gtai, IMOE and Global Insight
The countries covered by the legal area of LexisNexis include the USA, the UK, France and the United Arab Emirates. The materials available are primary sources such as decisions, statutes and regulations, secondary sources such as legal journals for background information and analysis, international directories of lawyers and international conventions and agreements. LexisNexis also provides access to the highly regarded Shepard's Citations® Service (going back to 1789) for all US federal and state cases, and to statutes, decisions and conventions from the EUR Lex databases.
Selected legal material from Canada, Malaysia, Brunei, Hong Kong and elsewhere is also available.
Benefits of LexisNexis for Universities
- Online access
via your university or library
- Save time
with accurate and easily generated search results
- Enhanced accuracy of results
with optimized search functions such as LexisNexis® SmartIndexing Technology™ and Boolean operators
- Improved data quality
as a result of sorting by relevance
- Multiple languages and translation function
Results can be translated into results can be translated into any one of 57 languages with Google Translate™ . Sources are available in a range of original languages including English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Arabic, Russian and Chinese. The languages in which the interface of the research tool is available include German, English, French, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian.
Note on logging in for students
You can access our research tool if your university has a contract with LexisNexis.
Please contact your university direct if
- you are uncertain whether your university has such a contract.
- you need to know how to access the tool.
Our support team will be happy to help you if you have questions about using the product or need assistance with research queries. Simply fill in the contact form at the bottom of this page or call us.
Partnership between LexisNexis and OCLC® WorldCat® Discovery Services
Enhance your academic research resultsAs a librarian, student or researcher you depend on crucial fully up-to-date information from a wide range of publications. LexisNexis for Universities provides an online research tool specially tailored to your needs.
To make your search even more efficient, LexisNexis has partnered with OCLC® WorldCat® Discovery Services. By using OCLC’s unique search technology we can expand the available content on our research platform to include OCLC. Users of our research tool for universities already have access to 800 legal journals. As a result of our partnership with OCLC, an additional 4,000 publications can be viewed via OCLC.
No additional costs
To benefit from this offer, universities and libraries need access to both research tools – OCLC and LexisNexis. There is no charge for the integration of the two databases. For implementation please contact your OCLC customer advisor.
Here’s how it works
- Launch a search in OCLC® WorldCat® Discovery Services.
- You will receive results from newspaper and journal articles and many other sources. Beside each document you can see which database the article is in.
- You are automatically granted access to the documents from the LexisNexis database.
- Continue researching with LexisNexis or OCLC.
Recommended by researchers worldwide
LexisNexis has partnered with OCLC because librarians all over the world have for years trusted this service. As a result of this partnership we can offer our customers unparalleled content with unique search technology.
LexisNexis® Academic is one of the best research databases in the world. We are pleased to be working with LexisNexis to provide librarians and library users with access to these valuable sources on our platform, WorldCat® Discovery Services.
Chip Nilges, Vice President, Business Development, OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.