Mike Walsh – Chief Executive Officer
LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Leadership
Mike Walsh is CEO of the global legal business of LexisNexis, a leading provider of information solutions and analytics to law firms, corporate, government and academic markets. The business serves customers in over 150 countries and employs ~10,600 worldwide.
Prior to his current role, Mr. Walsh was CEO of LexisNexis U.S. Legal Markets. He led the transformation of the business from a provider of legal research to a solutions partner. Mr. Walsh joined LexisNexis in 2003 as Senior Vice President, Global Strategy and Business Development where he helped oversee significant expansion into the LexisNexis Risk Management sector.
Prior to joining LexisNexis, Mr. Walsh was Director of Strategic Business Development at Home Depot. Earlier in his career, he practiced law at Weil, Gotshal and Manges, worked on large transactions at General Electric and was a consultant with the Boston Consulting Group. He also co-founded Infirmation.com, an online portal, and sold that business to what is now Thomson Reuters.
Mr. Walsh earned his JD from Harvard Law School and received his BA from Yale University. He sits on the Board of the Atlantic Council. He grew up in Colorado and now resides in New York with his wife and two children.
News & Events
- Remembering George Floyd And Reflecting On His Impact
- Best CEOs for Diversity According to Comparably Employee Reviews - cnbc.com
- Survey says Microsoft, Google CEOs are among top CEOs for diversity, inclusion in 2020 - usatoday.com
- Employees of color rated their CEOs. These are the top 10 for large companies - fastcompany.com
- How LexisNexis Legal & Professional Will Work To Advance Racial Justice
- LexisNexis Legal & Professional condemns racism and discrimination
- LexisNexis CEO Mike Walsh Receives Global Leadership Award from UN Foundation - unfoundation.org/
- LexisNexis Named to Fast Company’s Inaugural Best Workplaces for Innovators List – fastcompany.com
- LexisNexis Launches Global Foundation to Advance the Rule of Law
- North Carolina State University Leadership in Technology Speakers Series – www.csc.ncsu.edu
- LexisNexis Receives 2017 Corporate Leadership Award from Freedom House – freedomhouse.org
- Why Advancing the Rule of Law Is Good for Business... and the World – huffingtonpost.com
- LexisNexis, Atlantic Council Develop Guide for Businesses to Advocate ‘Rule of Law’ – govconexec.com
- Mike Walsh, LexisNexis CEO, Presents Initial Draft of Global Rule of Law Business Principles to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon [Video] – Youtube.com