Mike Walsh – Chief Executive Officer
LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Leadership
Mike Walsh is CEO of the global Legal business of LexisNexis, a leading provider of information and analytics to law firms, corporate, government, and academic markets. LexisNexis serves customers in more than 150 countries and employs ~11,000 people worldwide with the mission of advancing the rule of law around the world. He led the evolution of the business from providing legal research to delivering analytics, decision tools, and workflow solutions for customers. Mr. Walsh is now at the forefront of delivering generative AI solutions that will transform the way lawyers work through Lexis+ AI, the most comprehensive global legal generative AI platform.
Prior to his current role, Mr. Walsh was CEO of LexisNexis U.S. Legal Markets. Mr. Walsh joined LexisNexis in 2003 as Senior Vice President, Global Strategy and Business Development where he helped oversee significant expansion into the LexisNexis Risk Management sector.
Before joining LexisNexis, Mr. Walsh was Director of Strategic Business Development at Home Depot. Earlier in his career, he practiced law at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, worked on large transactions at General Electric, and was a consultant with Boston Consulting Group. He also co-founded Infirmation.com, an online portal, and sold that business to what is now Thomson Reuters.
Mr. Walsh earned his JD from Harvard Law School and received his BA from Yale University. He sits on the Board of the Atlantic Council and Cisive, and is a member of the Wall Street Journal CEO Council and CCI, Inc. He grew up in Colorado and now resides in New York with his wife and two children, who are in college.
News & Events
- LexisNexis Stands With The People of Ukraine
- Remembering George Floyd And Reflecting On His Impact
- Survey says Microsoft, Google CEOs are among top CEOs for diversity, inclusion in 2020 - usatoday.com
- Employees of color rated their CEOs. These are the top 10 for large companies - fastcompany.com
- LexisNexis Legal & Professional condemns racism and discrimination
- LexisNexis CEO Mike Walsh Receives Global Leadership Award from UN Foundation - unfoundation.org [Video] – Youtube.com
- LexisNexis Named to Fast Company’s Inaugural Best Workplaces for Innovators List – fastcompany.com
- LexisNexis Launches Global Foundation to Advance the Rule of Law
- North Carolina State University Leadership in Technology Speakers Series – www.csc.ncsu.edu
- LexisNexis Receives 2017 Corporate Leadership Award from Freedom House – freedomhouse.org
- Why Advancing the Rule of Law Is Good for Business... and the World – huffingtonpost.com
- Mike Walsh, LexisNexis CEO, Presents Initial Draft of Global Rule of Law Business Principles to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon [Video] – Youtube.com