Strategic PR, communications and marketing professionals operate under a constant state of alert thanks to today’s 24/7/365 news cycle. The same holds true for academic brand managers, but you also face unique challenges such as:
- Managing competing interests among a diverse set of administrative, faculty, student, alumni and donor stakeholders
- Balancing alumni relations, fundraising and in-house journalism demands while managing university brand reputation
Learn how LexisNexis Newsdesk®—a comprehensive, trusted brand intelligence solution—can help you meet these expectations.
Keeping up with news and social media monitoring helps you strengthen and protect your university brand.
According to a study, more than 64 percent of students cite academic reputation and 44 percent cite social life reputation as key considerations when choosing a college. And it’s not just enrollment that rises or falls with a university’s reputation. Negative news also impacts a university’s ability to attract donors for its fundraising initiatives. So how can you stay on top of your university’s reputation? LexisNexis Newsdesk simplifies higher education media monitoring and analysis by bringing together licensed and open-Web content so you can:
- Provide clear metrics demonstrating the impact of PR efforts, marketing campaigns and other critical communications to boost your university reputation
- Manage reputational risk proactively by identifying potential issues before they go viral through monitoring of niche social communities
- Spot emerging trends and topics of interest for content marketing inspiration
- Create branded newsletters and data visualizations to share with key audiences
- Capture competitive intelligence on other universities
And because LexisNexis Newsdesk features this broad spectrum of print, broadcast and social media content—all in one place—you avoid the fragmented view and inefficiencies that result from using separate monitoring tools to track different types of media.
Support for higher education media monitoring needs
LexisNexis Newsdesk empowers PR, communications and marketing officers serving colleges and universities by helping you:
- Monitor intelligence across multiple media types, languages and geographies to gain the broadest perspective of issues that impact higher education
- Analyze data with built-in analytics tools that allow you to generate insightful charts, graphs and other data visualizations in just a few clicks.
- Identify negative news or emerging trends buried in an avalanche of round-the-clock media to support proactive PR and marketing campaigns on behalf of your academic institution
- Inform university leadership and key stakeholders with news alerts, branded newsletters, and competitive intelligence
- Quantify your campaign reach and effectiveness by tracking share of voice, sentiment and coverage across media, boosting your value and visibility among administrators, university board members and more
Learn more about how our media monitoring tool can help you search, analyze, and share media intelligence—backed by the on-going support, expertise and product innovation that you’ve come to expect from LexisNexis.
Why wait? Arrange a personalized demo to see how LexisNexis Newsdesk can help you navigate the media landscape more effectively.