Lexis Advance offers exclusive news content you can’t get with other providers. If LexisNexis is your go-to resource for news alerts—you’ve made an excellent choice.
News and Legal News are considered high-level content categories on Lexis Advance. Should you wish to include both of these categories in an alert, here’s how to proceed:
1. Enter your keywords in the Red Search Box. You can limit results to Content Categories News and Legal News if you wish, but it is not strictly necessary.
2. Navigate to your News results and narrow as needed.
3. Navigate to your Legal News results and narrow as needed.
4. Click on the bell icon at the top of the page:
5. Set up your alert by applying settings in each tab of the alert set-up box. It is important to select BOTH News and Legal News in the Monitor tab if you want both content types included in the alert. Only the content type from which you selected is included:
6. When you’ve completed the setup, click on Create Alert and your alert will begin running.