Jury Verdict Roundup: Top 5 Premises Liability Verdict Submissions During The First Half Of 2017
The LexisNexis Jury Verdicts team receives hundreds of case submissions each year from attorneys across the U.S. Some of the cases are submitted here at the Litigators’ Verdict & Settlement Exchange. Other cases are submitted to our team’s general submission mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. The remaining cases are sent to one of the attorney editors on our staff in response to a request from us or simply because the submitting attorneys or marketing/management point person had previously sent cases to us in the past.
With the first half of 2017 in our rear view mirror, we thought we’d go back and look at the best cases submitted to us in various areas of law, starting with the premises liability cases. Although some of these cases have appeared before in the Case and Document of the Week blogs, several of them are new to this forum.
If you are interested in submitting one of your own notable verdicts, just sign up through the Litigators’ Verdict & Settlement Exchange entry page: http://www.lexisnexis.com/jvsubmission/ . Plus, when you register and submit your own cases, you earn points to view other attorneys’ case submissions and court filings. It’s easy, it’s fun, and it’s free.
Our choices are listed out below.
1) Pennsylvania State Jury Awards Target Store Patron $ 2,100,000.00 For Slip And Fall On Freshly Mopped Floor, Melissa Horton v. Target Corporation; 2017 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 683.
2) Florida State Jury Awards Invitee $ 405,127.91 Against Property Owner After Fall On Exterior Stairs Caused Ankle Fracture, Other Injuries, Leslie Viselman v. KAS Grove, LLC; 2016 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 10938.
3) Nevada State Court Reaches Defense Verdict In Negligence Suit Brought Against Homeowner's Association For Back Injury Sustained When Picnic Table Flipped Over, Richard Brown and Elizabeth Brown v. Spring Creek Association and Elko County School District; 2017 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 1464.
4) California State Court Awards $ 2,073,373.80 To Homegoods Customer Who Fell At Store, Suffering Ankle, Hip, And CRPS Injuries, K. Kaur vs. Homegoods, Inc; 2017 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 1613.
5) Hospital Visitor Settles Slip And Fall Action In Florida State Court For $ 1.6 Million After Indemnification Battle Between Hospital, Contractors, And Roofing Company, Earletta T. Blackwood v. Palms West Hospital Limited Partnership v. Charles Perry Partners, Inc.; Charles Perry Partners, Inc. v. Salvador Construction, Inc. and Certified Roofing Specialists, Inc; 2016 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 4781 .
For all your jury verdict and settlement needs, please visit the LexisNexis Jury Verdicts and Settlements on Lexis Advance® and LexisNexis Verdict and Settlement Analyzer.
For more information about LexisNexis products and solutions connect with us through our corporate site.