Jury Verdict Roundup: Top 5 Automobile Negligence Verdict Submissions From First Half Of 2017
The LexisNexis Jury Verdicts team receives hundreds of case submissions each year from attorneys across the U.S. Some of the cases are submitted here at the Litigators’ Verdict & Settlement Exchange. Other cases are submitted to our team’s general submission mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. The remaining cases are sent to one of the attorney editors on our staff in response to a request from us or simply because the submitting attorneys or marketing/management point person had previously sent cases to us in the past.
With the first half of 2017 in our rear view mirror, we thought we’d go back and look at the best cases submitted to us in various areas of law, continuing with the automobile negligence cases. Although some of these cases have appeared before in the Case and Document of the Week blogs, several of them are new to this forum.
If you are interested in submitting one of your own notable verdicts, just sign up through the Litigators’ Verdict & Settlement Exchange entry page: http://www.lexisnexis.com/jvsubmission/ . Plus, when you register and submit your own cases, you earn points to view other attorneys’ case submissions and court filings. It’s easy, it’s fun, and it’s free.
Our choices are listed out below.
1) Florida State Jury Awards $ 1.8 Million Net Verdict To Driver Struck By Tractor Crossing Highway With Bush Hog Barry Davis v. Dale A. Vannelli, Jr.; South Florida Bushog Service, Inc.; and Wesco Insurance Company; 2016 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 12011.
2) Georgia State Jury Hits Pizza Hut With $ 1.5 Million Verdict After Delivery Driver Runs Stop Sign, Pulls Into Path Of Moped Adam Winnie v. Pizza Hut of America, LLC; 2015 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 2787.
3) Florida State Jury Returns $ 3 Million Verdict For Pedestrian Struck By Intoxicated Driver While Fishing Caitlin Meyer v. Betzy I. Garcia; 2016 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 13593.
4) California State Jury Awards 10-Year-Old $ 10.8 Million After Suffering Traumatic Brain Injury As Seat-Belted Passenger In Vehicle That Was Rear-Ended M.C. v. Victor Mathews; 2017 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 1162.
5) Chevrolet Trailblazer Driver Reaches $ 9.75 Million Settlement Of Pennsylvania Federal Action Arising From Collision With Tractor Trailer Gary Williams and Nina Williams, h/w v. U-Haul International, Inc., U-Haul Co. of California, Colusa Quick Service Market, K&B Transportation, Inc., and General Motors, LLC; 2017 Jury Verdicts LEXIS 1961.
For all your jury verdict and settlement needs, please visit the LexisNexis Jury Verdicts and Settlements on Lexis Advance® and LexisNexis Verdict and Settlement Analyzer.
For more information about LexisNexis products and solutions connect with us through our corporate site.