Not a Lexis+ subscriber? Try it out for free.

Immigration Law

Matter of NWOZUZU, Interim Decision #3621, 24 I&N Dec. 609 (BIA 2008)

Matter of NWOZUZU, Interim Decision #3621, 24 I&N Dec. 609 (BIA 2008), September 10, 2008: To obtain derivative citizenship under former section 321(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. § 1432(a) (1994), an alien must acquire the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence while he or she is under the age of 18 years.
  • I had a similar case, Example my father petition for brother, mother, and my self to migrate in 1974 with a permanent residence, in 1980 my father naturalized I was 12 years old. and I have my father child support stubs and he was in charge of me till I was 18 years old. My older brother got his certificate of citizen was because in that time he worked for the courts , older brother n600. now I was deported in 2007, every lawyer I asked to take my case get scare, am I consider a terrorist and I don't know it, could some help me please. Thank You. I apply for my selective service when I was younger, willing to die for my country if they was to go to war.