LexisNexis® Total Practice Solutions has designed an online site that provides everything that new lawyers — or those about to graduate law school — need to advance and enhance their law career.
Lexis Hub is a user community that delivers skill-building resources, networking tools, targeted news feeds, dynamic discussion boards and more to help senior law students and new attorneys make the successful transition from legal education to legal practice.
Among the features are:
• A discussion board that allows users to post comments/threads about any legal topic on their mind.
• Career-related articles, tips and recordings providing guidance on how to succeed as a new associate.
• Live news feeds that provide daily updated news of interest to new attorneys and third-year law students to keep them up to speed on what is happening in the legal field, giving them a competitive edge.
• The Martindale-Hubbell® Lawyer Locator widget, a tool to research firms/attorneys new attorneys might consider working for and get information about the firm’s recent press, accomplishments, etc., so they can prepare for interviews and networking.
• A Build Your Skills area that provides research broken out by practice areas and a research and writing skills section that provides real-world scenarios of typical research and writing tasks a new attorney would be asked to handle.
• An Exploring Career Options area that is broken out into career guidance, online events and an area dedicated to the writings of a unique Lexis Hub content provider, the Building a Better Legal Profession grassroots organization.
Lexis Hub is an innovative resource that provides new attorneys with real-world career and skill-building information not found in law school textbooks. Multiple forms of learning are provided through recordings, news articles and PDFs. The site uses interactive functionality in the form of discussion boards, surveys, polls, RSS feeds and more to create a true community atmosphere where new attorneys can interact with one another, share insights and opinions, and stay connected to what’s happening in the legal profession.
Visit the Lexis Hub today by clicking here.