11. Jaworski on the Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act
In this Analysis, Robert M. Jaworski examines the Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act (MRAPLA) (in Dodd-Frank Act), including the significant changes that it makes to the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) (e.g. . . .
12. California Senate Bill 94 - Practical Aspects of New California Civil Code Sections 2944.6 and 2944.7
In this Analysis, William M. Hensley examines the foreclosure crisis that precipitated the passage of California Senate Bill 94, which added new Cal Civ Code § 2944.6 and Cal Civ Code § 2944.7. Mr. Hensley also provides practical tips to clients looking for . . . .
13. Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act
In this Analysis, Stephen Ornstein, Matthew Yoon, and John Holahan, of SNR Denton discuss the anti-predatory lending provisions of the historic Dodd-Frank Act. Prescribing a host of new standards for residential mortgage . . . .
14. Real Cases in Real Estate By Andrea Lee Negroni, Esq. - July 19th Update
In this Texas case, the court considered whether a homeowner owed a duty to the owner of the house next door, when both homes were damaged in a fire. The case also explains the meaning of negligent entrustment . . . .
15. Philadelphia Housing Authority, Others Settle Mold-Related Claims for $11.78 Million
PHILADELPHIA - (Mealey's) The Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA) and others on Monday agreed to settle for more than $11 million claims alleged by a tenant that unsafe conditions, including mold contamination, in a . . . .