Day of Caring
The highlight of Cares Month for LexisNexis Risk Solutions was our annual Day of Caring—the one day when we assemble as many employees as possible to give back to our communities. In years past, our excitement as a company to get involved was evident, and this year was no different. More than 1,400 employees representing 24 of our offices participated in the Day of Caring. Throughout the company, there were more than 50 projects benefiting 34 organizations.
Highlights of our contributions:
- St. Cloud Children’s Home presented the St. Cloud office with the “2015 Distinguished Community Service Award” for the second time (we won the award in 2011) for our ongoing volunteer support.
- Dublin employees planted 1,500 trees on 1.5 acres of conservation/restoration land for Native Woodland Trust.
- Paccar Scout Camp serves 40,000 young people annually and thanks to our Maidenhead office, the youth will have new seating and better access to the high ropes course.
- Alpharetta, Boca Raton, Bozeman, Brentwood, Minneapolis, Washington, DC employees packaged tens of thousands of pounds of food for local food organizations.
- Trenton employees assembled and delivered 500 lunches to the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen.
- Home-based employees spent time helping, Bidawee, a local pet rescue organization on Long Island, NY.
- King of Prussia dedicated its first Day of Caring to three year-old Hayden Weiss. Hayden was diagnosed in July with a rare form of pediatric cancer and is currently undergoing aggressive treatments. More than 100 employees joined as a team for a one-mile “Hike for Hayden” around our corporate park to help raise money for Hayden’s cause.