Juris Fundamentals – Billing (09/06/2013-09/06/2013)
You may register for an individual class or the Bundle.
CLASS: Juris Fundamentals—Firm Administration
Everyone needs a place to start. You are now responsible for the setup and maintenance of firm settings and in Juris Core. As an administrator or accounting manager, the firm relies on you to maintain accurate records, set up new accounts, and complete bank reconciliations. This live, instructor led session will cover aspects of Juris Core that help streamline administration tasks while maintaining 100% accuracy.
Firm Setup (1 hour/30 minutes)
• Maintaining User IDs and Passwords
• Forwarding Accounting Years/Periods
• Overview of Firm Settings
Accounting Setup (30 minutes)
• Creating G/L Accounts and Subaccounts
• Setup of Bank Accounts
General Ledger Transactions (1 hour)
• Creating Journal Entries
• Completing Bank Reconciliations
• Understanding the Client Trust Account Workflow
Juris Administrators and Accounting Managers who are responsible for the maintenance of firm and accounting settings
CLASS: Juris Fundamentals—Organization Management
As they say—“You reap what you sow.” This is especially true in Juris. Your firm relies on you to report on important metrics like Practice Classes, Personnel Types and Offices. And your clients rely on you to create accurate fee and expense schedules for billing. This live, instructor led session will give you the power to setup the right data in Juris and accurately report on it.
Organization Setup (1 hour)
• Maintaining Offices
• Personnel Types and Timekeepers
• Practice Classes
Juris Codes and Schedules (1 hour/10 minutes)
• Creating Juris Codes
• Setup of Fee and Expense Schedules
Reporting Overview (50 minutes)
• Overview of Reporting in Juris
• Overview of Reporting in Juris Suite
Juris Administrators and Accounting Managers who are responsible for the maintenance of data tables and reporting
CLASS: Juris Fundamentals – Accounts Payable
Your firm just hired a new supply company, and you are in charge of managing their invoices and payments. Juris makes adding and managing vendors simple by allowing for easy payment of invoices that are received by the firm no matter if the payment is ad-hoc or scheduled. Vendor inquiries can be run to identify resolutions for vendor discrepancies. And finally, Juris allows for easy check management no matter what the reason, even impromptu payments. This live, instructor led session will give you the knowledge necessary to easily manage all functions around A/P.
Vendor Setup (1 hour)
• Creating Vendor records
• Vendor Inquiry
Payment Vouchers (1 hour)
• Firm Expense and Client Cost Advance Vouchers
• Scheduling Recurring Vouchers
Check Management (1 hour)
• Printing and Posting Checks
• Voiding Checks
Accounting Managers and A/P Clerks who are responsible for vendor setup and check management
CLASS: Juris Fundamentals – Accounts Receivable
Your firm just took a case for a new client, and you need to manage their accounts receivable activity. Juris makes this process streamlined by easily performing conflict inquiries before creating new client/matter records. Once the work begins, Juris allows time and expenses to be tracked and cash receipts to be recorded in order to create accurate bills. This live, instructor led session will cover the functionality available to take the pain out of managing A/R.
Client/Matter Intake (1 hour/30 minutes)
• Conflict and Client/Matter Inquiry
• Creating Clients, Matters and Billing Addresses
Time and Expense Management (1 hour/15 minutes)
• Creating Time Entries in Juris Core (not Juris Suite)
• Creating and Importing Expense Entries in Juris Core (not Juris Suite)
• Finding and Posting Time and Expense Entries for Billing
Cash Receipts and Credit Memos (1 hour/15 minutes)
• Recording Cash Receipts
• Creating Credit Memos
Accounting Managers and A/R Clerks who are responsible for client/matter intakes, time and expense management and cash receipts
CLASS: Juris Fundamentals – Billing
Do you want to streamline your bill editing and distribution? Juris can help you organize the process by gathering posted transactions that fall within a defined range and then allowing the user to make edits. From there; printing, generating e-billing export files and posting the bills is easily accomplished using the sequential options available from Juris. Participants will leave this live, instructor led session confident in their ability to manage the billing process for their firm using the Juris tool.
Prebill Editing (1 hour/30 minutes)
• Selecting and Printing Prebills
• Editing Prebills
Bill Processing (1 hour/30 minutes)
• Emailing and Saving Copies of Bills
• Overview of JurisBX for Electronic Billing
• Printing and Posting Bills
• Printing A/R Statements
Accounting Managers and Billing Clerks who are responsible for prebill editing and bill processing Juris
Type Of Credit
-   This course made uses of the software much clearer while the instructor guided us and the manual is a wonderful tool as well. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is new to juris or if new to the career and juris.
-   This course was very informative and I would absolute recommend it to anyone who wants to truly understand the potential they have when using Juris! Excellent instructor!!!!!!!!!!!!
-   I have learned many things I didn’t know I could do in Juris. The instructor is very patient and willing to go over things as many times as possible. He knows how to explain difficult things in a very simple manner.
Participants will receive essential working knowledge of the Juris Product