Nothing goes further towards making your lending operation solid and profitable than a well-trained staff, and now you can train your lending staff to secure your interests and stay in compliance with the latest regulations, effectively and affordably!
The LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ Loan Documentation Certification will prepare you to secure the interests of your financial institution while staying in compliance with the latest regulations. Our approach focuses on implementation and application of the rules and we include numerous examples to illustrate these complex points. This important program will bring you and your staff up to speed with the latest rules, techniques, and methods for making safer, better-documented loans and keeping the lending area in compliance, so you have less exposure with the examiners and in court.
Our Loan Documentation certification course offers you the flexibility to attend the entire program in-house and is an incredible value at only $999! Our program includes 6 interactive webinars and an accompanying manual. The LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ Loan Documentation Training manual is a valuable self-study guide to use after the webinar series and covers key areas of loan documentation including regulations like UCC Article 9 as well as the latest information on personal property collateral documentation in manageable sections.
This exclusive series of webinars has been designed for Loan Originators, Processors, Servicers, Underwriters, Compliance Professionals and Credit Administrators. Attendees of this comprehensive webinar program will be able to:
• Avoid loan losses resulting from improper loan documentation
• Identify and properly document the various borrowing entities for residential and commercial loan transactions
• Ensure that loan contracts are enforceable and secured properly
• Understand the rules governing secured transactions under UCC Article 9 for perfecting commercial loan liens
• Know how to properly prepare Regulation Z and RESPA disclosures in consumer loan transactions
• Understand the fundamentals of lending regulations impacting both commercial and residential transactions, including Bank Secrecy Act and Fair Lending laws such as Regulation B, Fair Housing, and the Community Reinvestment Act
Additional topics include documentation for the most common types of secured loans, including real estate, pledge agreements, and security agreements; a review of the basics, such as elements of a loan; and constructing more complex agreements, such as contracts involving other parties.
Training will be conducted twice daily, from 11-12:30 and 2:30-4 Eastern Time. Each 90-minute session consists of a presentation, interactive review questions and open time for attendees to ask questions. Attendees present for all 6 webinars and who complete a survey will receive a certificate for 9 continuing education credits. Those unable to attend a specific session will have access to audio recordings for all sessions along with presentation material on a secure website.
Upon successful completion, candidates who meet the requirements below will earn certification from LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ – a certification that shows your employer and regulators that you have met the standards of education, experience and skill required for this prestigious recognition by the industry leader in bank compliance.
To qualify as a LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ Certified Loan Documentation Specialist:
• Successfully complete the course and exam. After purchasing the course, you will receive information about logging in to LexisNexis University, our learning management platform where you can download course materials, log-in to your webinar, take your exam, and receive your certificate. Registrants have up to 90 days from the date of purchase to take the exam.
• Complete 5 hours of related continuing education per year
• Certification expires two years after the date it was issued. To recertify, students must attend a new preparation course or have a current subscription to the manual, and must retake the exam.