12 Jul 2021
Author : InfoPro Community Manager
Explore the Latest Practical Guidance Enhancements on the Lexis® and Lexis+™ Services
Several enhancements have recently been added that help improve discoverability of relevant content, streamline navigation and improve search results.
- Market Standards for Banking and Finance Attorneys: Market Standards is now available to banking and finance attorneys in the Finance practice area on Practical Guidance. This offering includes more than 2,200 credit agreements, over 350 commitment letters with growing coverage since 2017, 90 specific deal points for credit agreements filed from 2017 to present and 65 deal points for commitment letters.
Banking and finance legal professionals can:
- Understand how other parties have addressed a particular legal issue and negotiate terms as they work on credit agreements and/or commitment letters
- Find on-point precedent language from relevant deals
- Identify and track Market Standards for individual deal points
- Discover what language borrower or lender counsel has accepted in the past
Combining the most robust deal point analysis capabilities in the market with comprehensive deal data, Market Standards gives you the in-depth knowledge of current trends and access to precedent language you need to efficiently provide thorough, thoughtful advice.
- New Date/Currentness Format: Practical Guidance documents are classified with one of three date/currentness stamp options, displacing the former “current as of” date.
- “Maintained” (when any changes have been made to the document)
- “Archived” (where the law has been “retired” and no updates will be made)
- “Update Pending” (where the law is changing and the editors are working on the update)
Date Stamp Moved: The “current as of [date]” stamp on all practice notes now appears at the bottom of the document (below all other text).
The new format will be included when a user downloads or prints a document. Note, the same date/currentness format changes will apply to content in About this Document and will release at a later date.
- Refreshed User Interface and Practice Area Pages: A more intuitive layout makes it easy to access key tools and resources now located on the right—Market Standards, the State Law Comparison Tool, Practice Videos, a Survey of Commercial Lease Terms and convenient Resource Kits
- Easy Navigation Connecting You to What You Use Most: Pre-filtering in the top navigation brings you to specific practice areas and jurisdictions from the start. You also have easy access to your bookmarked documents and most recently viewed documents (see above). Plus, you can use Settings to specify a particular practice area as your default start page within Practical Guidance.
- Civil Litigation Resource Kits: Get an overview of important topics when litigating a case in federal or state court, including step-by-step guidance on civil litigation tasks such as pre-litigation considerations, commencing a lawsuit, answering the complaint, removal, asserting third-party claims, discovery, motion practice and more, all in one place. A federal kit is available plus the newest additions, Civil Litigation Fundamentals Resource Kit for New York and Civil Litigation Fundamentals Resource Kit for California. Search civil litigation resource kits in Practical Guidance to view all available.
- Training Presentations are available on a variety of practice area topics, providing legal professionals with resources to repurpose and train clients, internal personnel and others, as applicable. Search training presentations in Practical Guidance to view all available.
Recent additions include:
Learn more about Practical Guidance here.
LexisNexis, Lexis and the Knowledge Burst logo are registered trademarks, and Lexis+ is a trademark of RELX Inc. © 2021 LexisNexis.