12 Aug 2020
Author : Loyd Auerbach
Knowledge & Research Consultant Tip: Use LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology™ scores to increase relevance of news search results
In addition to the LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology terms added to news articles in categories such as Industry and Subjects on the Lexis Advance® service, you can also designate percentage scores with each term (which could be a single word or a phrase). Scores of 85% or better indicate high relevance.
Researchers can utilize the scores using the TERM segment. For 85% or better, use #85plus# as part of the segment search, e.g., term(privacy rights #85plus#).
- Run your search first without the LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology score.
- Review the subject and industry terms in at least one highly relevant article.
- Find the specific terms/phrases to be used to narrow the search.
- Use Search Within for the LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology score search.
Remember you can have more than one, either OR/AND, as in these examples:
- term(privacy rights #85plus# or surveillance #85plus#)
- term(privacy rights #85plus# and surveillance #85plus#)
Note: the use of the score will apply to subject and industry terms.