3 Oct 2019
Author : InfoPro Community Manager
Librarian Relations Consultant Research Tip: Creating permanent links in Lexis Advance
A quick and easy way to direct your users to a specific area within the Lexis Advance service is through creating permalinks using the Link to this page feature.
There are a few things to be aware of.
- Rather than using a browser bookmark, the permanent link will store and set the application-related properties of the page you are viewing. This includes the filters, sorting selections and others. But the application itself will not store this link; you must copy and save it in another location such as a word processor. Then you can share and paste this link where applicable.
- These links will deactivate after a period of two years.
- Linking to a Topic Summary list will only include the documents from when that link was created. If new materials are added or others are removed after that date, those will not be visible from that link. In order to view a current list of those resources, you will need to view the original source again.
Use permanent links for:
- A source
- Table of contents pages (including the heading results and document results pages)
- A search results list
- A specific document
- Shepard’s® reports
- Archived code versions/all versions/other versions
- Topic summaries
- History pages (both the list and the research map views)
- Folders (various intermediate pages and saved documents in folders)
- Alerts pages
- Notifications pages
- Practice centers
- Explore content pages
- Find a source or find a topic pages