17 Oct 2019
Author : InfoPro Community Manager
Librarian Relations Consultant Research Tip: Leverage new content and visual enhancements on LexisNexis® Verdict & Settlement Analyzer
LexisNexis Verdict & Settlement Analyzer is a popular tool that provides legal professionals with the ability to assess cases using one of the industry’s largest collections of jury verdicts and settlements paired with analytical tools to identify opportunities, threats and options. Some recent updates include:
1. Enhanced charts: Fast, on-point case assessment
- Updated graphs quickly reveal the number of cases and awards by resolution to launch your early case assessment.
- See resolution trends over time to understand a macro level of litigation outcomes and then dive into the details by hovering over the charts to view specific awards and relevant cases.
2. Ongoing data refinements to our vast collection of jury verdicts and settlements fuel our powerful charts and analytics. The most pertinent insights to your case in ready-to-use visuals
- Cases are often reported in more than one verdict or settlement reporter. We’ve improved our de-duping capabilities so charts now reflect each verdict or settlement just once, while the results set still provides access to each report of the case.
3. Addition of 130+ new post-search injury filters for reviewing case outcomes from every angle
- LexisNexis Verdict & Settlement Analyzer now offers 130+ new injury filters to narrow post-search results based on the injury type specific to your case. Apply existing post-search filters to further refine results lists based on award range, case resolution, practice area, date and court.
4. Alert functionality
- Bringing efficiency tools from Lexis Advance to LexisNexis Verdict and Settlement Analyzer, you can now set alerts to monitor issues or parties and stay abreast of developments related to your client or case.