In the financial world—especially in the field of hedge funds and high-frequency trading—using predictive analytics can increase decision-making accuracy and speed. Equity trading, for example, leverages data algorithms that recognize signals from a wide variety of data types to make ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ decisions in split seconds. But machine learning algorithms are only as good as the data that goes into them.
With decades of experience as a content aggregator, Nexis® Data as a Service (DaaS) offers current and historical news data, company and financial information, regulatory data and more. Complementing our unmatched source universe are robust enrichment and data normalization processes that enable you to find relevant data and deliver it into data analysis tools via easy-to-integrate APIs.
Nexis DaaS connects you to content suitable for a variety of data analysis methods and uses.
Machine learning datasets to fuel investment insights
- Track global mega trends, events and their patterns over time and other significant factors indicative of potential investment opportunities or risks.
- Increase visibility into the financials and overall operations of investment prospects by engaging in secondary data analysis.
- Use historical trend analysis to anticipate and enhance future portfolio performance.
- Conduct data analysis that takes advantage of entity linking and date and time provenance tags to track M&A activity.
Gain a strategic advantage in your market with big data analytics
- Power regression models with alternative data to better understand the real-time effects and long-term fiscal consequences uncovered in company, industry and economic data.
- Deliver innovative products and services and improve customer loyalty by using big data to understand brand sentiment, market conditions, technology trends and more.
- Tap global sources for data related to product launches, company expansions, executive changes, technology initiatives or funding events for strategic planning.
Address governance with risk management data
- Mitigate operational and regulatory risk with a near real-time picture into PEPs, sanctions and other risk-related datasets.
- Enhance financial management with data analytics aimed at maximizing return on equity and minimizing risk exposure.
Speak with a Nexis® Data as a Service specialist to learn how our easy-to-integrate APIs and various datasets can lead you to more informed investment decisions.
Experience our CORE advantages
Tap into alternative data sources, unique for their volume and variety to support data analytics and interpretation for a wide range of financial institutions, corporate, risk, academic and brand data research process.
Access semi-structured datasets aligned to your specific data needs, via easy-to-integrate Bulk or RESTful APIs to energize big data projects including trend analysis, machine learning, predictive analytics and more.
Give your data analysis tools better fuel with smart content enriched with expertly-applied semantic analysis to drive precision search, increased relevance and faster discovery for quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
Move from data integration to actionable insights by choosing an experienced Data as a Service partner. LexisNexis®, a trusted content aggregator for business and legal organizations for more than 45+ years, pioneered the use of machine learning and data visualization in our applications, decades before their mainstream use.