How do I access Practical Guidance®?
Try these tips if you receive an error message when signing in to Practical Guidance®:
- If you want to use Practical Guidance and Lexis® simultaneously, you should use two browsers. For example, if you open Practical Guidance with Google™ Chrome™, open Lexis with Internet Explorer®.
- Always sign in to Practical Guidance at www.lexispracticeadvisor.com. Save this URL as a favorite and use it to sign in. If you need additional assistance, contact the Practical Guidance account representative noted in your Practical Guidance welcome email.
- To avoid pop-up blockers, ask your IT administrator to add the URL to your organization’s approved websites. If this doesn’t eliminate the issue, clear your cookies. (On your Internet Explorer screen, select Tools > Delete Browsing History > unclick Cookies > Delete.)
- If you still receive an error message during sign in, change your ActiveX® controls. (On your Internet Explorer screen, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > scroll to ActiveX Controls > select Prompt > click OK.) Close all programs and restart. If you still have issues, clear your cookies.
How will Practical Guidance help me as an attorney or in-house counsel who handles transactional matters?
Practical Guidance is designed to enable attorneys and in-house counsel to better manage their transactions efficiently by getting up to speed quickly on new issues and staying up to date with the latest market legal trends.
How will Practical Guidance help me start my drafting?
The forms within Practical Guidance are easy to find and are specifically designed to provide a starting point or alternative perspective for drafting documents, offering guidance including context, drafting notes, alternative clauses and step-by-step instructions on how to complete them.
Who is the Practical Guidance team?
Practical Guidance is built by our team of experienced transactional attorneys who have recently joined LexisNexis, legal editors who have brought you trusted authoritative content from Matthew Bender® and Collier, and contributing leading practitioners and former in-house counsel. In addition, we have harnessed world-class LexisNexis® technology built for the legal market. Practical Guidance continues our tradition of innovation through collaboration with our customers.
How is Practical Guidance different than Lexis®?
Practical Guidance is a practical guidance resource that has been specifically created for transactional attorneys. The content has been written and selected by practicing attorneys as well as an internal editorial team including former attorneys. The expert guidance and “how-to” information complements an existing Lexis subscription, where customers can access deeper research content when required.
How is Practical Guidance® different than other products in the market?
Practical Guidance® is unique based on a combination of factors including:
- Leading attorneys currently in practice who contribute the new practical guidance and expert forms within the product. Over 850+ attorney authors contribute their valuable expertise and insight to Practical Guidance.
- Comprehensive coverage of key topics including the start-to-finish, guidance and model documents on a given transaction.
- It is the only practical guidance product that provides selected, relevant primary materials and legal analysis matched to the specific topic.
What makes these forms different than forms customers can find on Google or other online sites?
The forms within Practical Guidance offer expert guidance, including annotations, drafting notes, alternative clauses and step-by-step instructions on how to complete a form. They have been written, selected and enhanced by leading practicing attorneys, so you can be confident they are comprehensive, reliable and current. Practical Guidance forms are “starting point” documents identified as pro-buyer, pro-seller and neutral, unlike many online forms which are often completely negotiated to reflect specific deal or transaction terms between parties.
Practical Guidance® class options
Select and schedule a training class that best fits your needs