LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Client trust fund balances in Matter: AR: Funds tab

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 3
Duy Thai Posted: Wed, Sep 30 2009 4:24 AM
On the Matter record AR tab, Funds sub-tab, I can see various client trust fund transactions listed. However, under the Balance column, all I see are zeroes. Is it supposed to show the current balance of trust funds belonging to this client? What does "Balance" mean in this column and is there a way for me to show a revolving balance of trust funds for this client? Thank you in advance for any guidance.
Duy Thai San Francisco TM/BM+
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 348
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
To the left of those 0 fields you will see a drop down list with Aging as the choice.  This means that the amounts displayed are the aged accounts received balances.  Click on the down arrow and you will see Funds as the next choice.  Select this and the funds balance for that matter will display.
Deanne Ikard Ikard Consulting Time Matters CIC Billing Matters/Billing Matters Plus CIC Time Matters Enterprise CIC LNTPA CIC PCLaw CIC 707-863-9718 Green Valley, CA Serving Northern California
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
No, the balance column on the AR tab is for two things; unapplied payments, (payments not applied to bills) and unpaid bills, (invoices with outstanding balances). The trust information is NOT a running balance. There are a couple of reports for balances and activity by matter. And the aging dropdown to funds will show what the fund balances are currently. If you choose to run the fund balances by matter with an 'as of' date, don't forget to check the box to 'show if zero balance'. Otherwise those matters will be skipped even if they HAD a balance as of the date selected.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS