LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Re: PC Law on SBS 2008

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Art Saffran Posted: Wed, Jul 1 2009 10:52 PM
Thanks Steven. My client will have just one server, the 64-bit SBS 2008 server and I was planning to install SQL Server 2005 Express 64-Bit to support the database on the server. The PC Law software itself won't be installed on the server, just on the workstations. One CIC I talked with sees no reason that it won't work this way but I need to be sure before my client purchases the server and OS.

Any thoughts on this configuration?

Art Saffran Saffran Technology, LLC 501 Riverside Drive Madison, WI 53704-5529
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 128

I want to comment in regards to what we found on an Amicus SQL installation, including PCLaw v9, where there was one 2008 SBS 64bit server with SQL 2005 Express and Exchange on that server.

First of all, we could not get the PCLaw link to ever work correctly.  We couldn't confirm for certain that it was because of the 64bit OS but I have had other CICs report that PCLaw does not play well with 64bit.  Secondly, the Exchange process store.exe battled for memory with SQL. 

We ended up moving AA, PCLaw and SQL to a Windows 2003 server and everything works like a champ.

Until Lexis supports 64bit SBS 2008, we will not install in that enviornment again.

Cindy Emmerson, Premier CIC/Moderator Affinity Consulting Group

Ph: 727-544-5400

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS