LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Acrobat X not supported?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 14
Linda C Jones Posted: Mon, Dec 6 2010 12:43 PM

Just innocently went to download Acrobat Reader. What I got was Acrobat X, but alas no TM buttons. Acrobat X is not an option in TM setup.

Any idea when this version will be supported?

Linad

Linda C Jones Winter Hill Associates New York, NY
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 6

Assuming you originally had Acrobat 9 installed, I found a pretty easy work around. Go into the plugins folder found in the Acrobat 9 program folder something like "C: Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9\plugins"

You will see the TM plugin files in there. Copy those files and then navigate to the Acrobat X program folder. There is a plug in folder there (has a slightly different name) and just paste the TM plugins into that folder.

When you open up Acrobat X, you will see the TM plugins under tools. Then just add to your quick launch bar by right clicking, etc.

Good luck.

RICHARD E. HORNSBY, P.A.

401 N. Mills Avenue, Suite D

Orlando, Florida 32803-5735

Phone: (407) 540-1551

Fax: (407) 540-1553

www.richardhornsby.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 14

Great tip! Thanks.

Linda

Linda C Jones Winter Hill Associates New York, NY
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 40
Ken Brown replied on Tue, Jul 12 2011 10:42 AM

We have TM 10 and Acrobat Pro 8.x, WIndows 7 32-bit. 

When in Acrobat Pro TM Save works just fine.

TM Save works just fine

I installed Acrobat Reader X (because I need it), grabbed the file TMPlugin.api from the plug_ins directory of an Acrobat Reader 9 installation and put TMPlugin.api in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\plug_ins.

When I try to TM Save from Acrobat Reader X I get the error:

"Unable to load Time Matters Integration"

In your post you say "You will see the TM plugin files in there." Files is plural and so I wonder if there is another file I should have copied in addition to TMPlugin.api?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Ken Brown Dunn and Dunn Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1

Ken,

TM 10, Acrobat Pro, Windows XP, Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit) in use here.

Occasionally, a user will report that issue.  My solution is to close Acrobat and then go to Workstation setup and click on Additional Program Setup.  Adobe Acrobat 8.0 should be checked.  Click OK.  Technically, nothing has been done, I know...  however Time Matters will re-copy the plugins to the appropriate directories and things become all happy and fuzzy again.

That solves my integration problem and the end of my knowledge on the subject.  However, other's say copy the files from the old Acrobat plug-in directory to the Acrobat X plug-in directory.  At least now everything is there to copy.

Good luck!

Ben Mazzucco Saxe Doernberger & Vita, P.C. Hamden, CT 06517 ------ Using LNTPA 9.0 SR3b Enterprise Using PCLaw Pro Enterprise V9.31b
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

I have Time Matters v11 and Acrobat X - TM Save works. I did have some problems with Acrobat Reader X but I believe they were fixed with SR1.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS