LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Showing Total Adjustments on Bill

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7
cfhuntley Posted: Tue, Dec 7 2010 12:45 PM

Is there a way to show the total adjustments made on a bill?  We are offering discounts to certain clients and want to show them how much they saved.   Something like "YOU SAVED XXXX" at the bottom of the bill.

Chris Huntley The Huntley Law Firm, PLLC Boise Idaho TM10E

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 41
Jwyatt replied on Tue, Dec 7 2010 4:37 PM

Experiment with Bill Profile.  First go to the tab, Totals & Summaries, and make sure the second item is checked "Subtotal record charges prior to printing adjustments".  Then go to last tab, "Labels" and find the label on the left side called "Adjustment to Fees".  To the right of that entry is where you can substitute your own custom label for wherever this label would have appeared.  Hit Change and type in "You saved this much".

If it doesn't work right off, you might make sure all items are unchecked in the first group of options on the Totals & Summaries tab except for the second one.  I am not sure that is required but it is where I would experiment if I was having trouble.

We use this method to insert our wording "Less Courtesy Discount" on profiles and layouts where we don't show extensions on each line.  It appears right after the Fee Subtotal line.

Jeff Wyatt
Abilene Texas

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS