LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

TM 10 Exchange Sync and Private Contacts

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
John Rankine Posted: Tue, Jan 25 2011 9:01 PM

I have a client that is running TM 10 and the Exchange Sync. Currently the sync is set up so that all the contacts go to all the users (all the staff fields are blank in TM). The issue is that private contacts are also being sent to all users. The users want their private contacts, but they only want their own private contacts and they don't want their private contacts syncing up with the other users mailboxes.

LexisNexis said there was no solution as far as the Exchange Sync application goes, but I will like to pick some brains here because someone else must be experiencing a similar problem and have found a workaround.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 245
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

I may be thinking of this too simplistically but couldn't you just add staff to the private contacts and then it would only sync to that staff member.  The hierarchy is ones with staff go only to that staff and empty ones go to everyone.

Regards,

Robert Rice

Time Matters/Billing Matters CIC

Dallas, TX

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2

That makes perfect sense...however we were experiencing an issue with the TM-Exchange Sync and LexisNexis had us remove all the staffing fields from all the contacts as a solution. Have you ever experienced such an issue? The client is running SBS 2008/Exchange 2007 and TM10.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

I have the opposite problem. The client would like all contacts to sync to everyone, but they want to track staff on the contact.

Haven't figured out how best to handle this yet.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS