LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

New TM9E/Outlook sync problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1
Robert S. Becker Posted: Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:17 PM

Something happened recently to my Outlook sync and I cannot figure out how to fix it. Because I really don't know much about Outlook and have it running only to sync TM with my Droid, my inability to fix the problem is not surprising. I hope someone here knows how to do this.

All seemed to be working fine until a few days ago. I installed Companionlink USB & Deja Office on the phone and synced it with Outlook. Then I tried to sync Outlook with TM9E. For some reason it wanted to change virtually all of my TM contacts, which set off very loud alarm bells. So I cancelled the sync. I thought that because Deja Office was displaying contacts First Name/Last Name that might have caused the problem. So I set TM to clear the Outlook database before the next sync.

When TM sent new records to Outlook the Full Name field contained Last Name/Middle Initial Middle Initial/Last Name. The Last Name field actually contains the Last Name and the First Name field contains Middle Initial/Last Name. I checked the field matching in TM and all looks normal. I tried deleting the Outlook data file and creating a new one. Nothing fixes this problem.

I have shut down and restarted Outlook and TM to see if that fixed the problem, but no luck.

Does anyone have an idea what is the cause or how to fix this???

Robert S. Becker Law Offices of Robert S. Becker Washington, D.C. Phone & Fax: (202) 364-8013 Web: http://dcappeals.com Email: rbecker@dcappeals.com

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS