![if gte IE 9]><![endif]><![if gte IE 9]><![endif]><![if gte IE 9]><![endif]><![if gte IE 9]><![endif]><![if gte IE 9]><![endif]>
Not a Lexis+ subscriber? Try it out for free.
LexisNexis® CLE On-Demand features premium content from partners like American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education and Pozner & Dodd. Choose from a broad listing of topics suited for law firms, corporate legal departments, and government entities. Individual courses and subscriptions available.
6. Alterations to the Design Piracy Prohibition Act: Innovative Design Protection and Piracy Prevention Act ("IDPPPA")
Design piracy has long been considered a problem by some in the fashion industry and a boon by others. Other than trademarked brand logos, fashion design has primarily been in the negative IP space; clothing often . . . .
7. The Fashion Industry Now Has Twenty Million More Reasons to Unravel Counterfeiting Conspiracies
Counterfeiters, beware. A federal jury in California has awarded $20 million in statutory damages to Gianni Versace, S.p.A. ("Versace") in its lawsuit against Los Angeles-based manufacturing company Tres Hermanos . . . .
8. The Strange Case of Willy the Wizard versus Harry Potter: Allen v. Scholastic Inc., 1:10-cv-05335 (SDNY July 13, 2010)
The publishers of the highly popular Harry Potter series are being sued by the trustee of the Estate of Adrian Jacobs, a British author who wrote Willy the Wizard, published in England in 1987. In his complaint against . . . .
9. S.D.N.Y. issues decision on Bob Marley copyright claim: FREE DOWNLOAD - Opinion, Fifty-Six Hope Rd. Music Ltd. v. UMG Recordings (Sept. 10, 2010)
On September 10, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York issued its decision in the case of Fifty-Six Hope Road Music Ltd., v UMG Recordings, Inc. (2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 94500) . . . .
10. COACH, LF USA and Target Reach Settlement in Lawsuit
NEW YORK - (Business Wire) Coach, Inc. (NYSE: COH), a leading marketer of modern classic American accessories, along with LF USA, Inc. and Target Corporation, (NYSE: TGT) today announced that all parties have . . . .
The Most Viewed Copyright/Trademark Posts for 2010: 11 - 15