24 May 2023
Author : Bridget MacMillan
Knowledge and Research Consultant Tip: New SmartIndexing Subject and Industry Terms are added to Lexis®/Lexis+® on a weekly basis
Savvy researchers know to utilize the Subject and Industry SmartIndexing Terms when constructing searches, or to filter results. (Learn more about LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology™ and previous tips that highlight SmartIndexing, How to Use SmartIndexing when Searching News Content, Use LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology scores to increase relevance of news search results and Advanced search techniques in News with commands and LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology scores.)
The SmartIndexing editorial team creates new topics and their underlying definitions daily, and also reviews the topics that already exist to make sure they are still on point. The new topics are added to Lexis®/Lexis+® on a weekly basis. Recent new topics include:
- ACCESS TO EDUCATION targets availability of educational opportunities for all people.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE REGULATION & POLICY targets laws, regulations and policies regarding artificial intelligence.
- CORONATION OF CHARLES III targets the coronation ceremony on May 6, 2023 for Charles III, King of the United Kingdom, and the Queen Consort Camilla.
- DEEP TECH targets technology solutions based on high tech innovation or significant engineering or scientific advances.
- HALAL PRODUCTS & SERVICES targets good and services that are permissible under Islamic laws.
- SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING targets curricula focused on aspects of social and emotional development including self-awareness, interpersonal relationships and self-control.
If you have a suggestion for a topic, please share it with your Knowledge & Research Consultant, and we’ll notify the SmartIndexing team.