Use this button to switch between dark and light mode.

Life After DACA: Obtaining a Social Security Number, Transferring Your Credit History, and Rescinding your ITIN

December 12, 2012 (1 min read)

"DREAMers with deferred action are eligible to apply for a SSN and should transfer their existing credit history to that number.  Additionally, DREAMers must also contact the IRS to rescind their existing ITIN as an individual cannot have an ITIN and Social Security number at the same time." - LCLAA, Dec. 8, 2012.