New Year’s Resolution #3: Refresh Your Website’s Content
Stale content and broken links will frustrate your visitors and negatively impact their perceptions of your ability to practice law.
Kick off 2013 the right way by scouring your website, refreshing content and updating bios.
Consider adding different types of content, especially video. Does your content accurately reflect the latest guidance in the area of law you practice? A polished, professional website with fresh content will be rewarded by search engines and site visitors alike.
Areas of Focus While Refreshing Your Website
As you update your website, remember the content needs to be engaging and deliver the right information to (1) increase your online visibility to attract quality traffic and (2) help turn casual visitors into profitable prospective clients who request consultations.
How can you do that?
- Provide engaging, unique content (your take on your practice-specific topics not found anywhere else on the Web) to connect with visitors and drive them to contact you.
- Prominently display contact information (phone number and quick contact email form on every page of your site), with an offer of a free consultation.
- Make it easy for visitors to grasp key details without having to read every word. Use headlines/headers to break up the content sections on your site, especially on your homepage. Cleary communicate the area of law you practice.
- Make content informative and keyword-rich (use terms consumers use when searching for info on the areas of law you practice).
- Demonstrate experience and provide past results, testimonials and video.
In the coming weeks, follow me and Amy Kaplan, Director of Product Management for Advertising & Profile Services at LexisNexis® Martindale-Hubbell®, as we provide online marketing strategies and tactics that can help generate results for your law firm in the New Year. If you'd like to jump ahead, feel free to download our recent paper. Or if you prefer, download the free recording of the companion webinar Amy and I recently co-hosted.
Next Up: Resolution #4: Evaluate Your Website's SEO
When you're ready, schedule your free online marketing consultation or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also check out these previous posts:
Leave a Comment