When is a Law Firm Website’s “Bounce Rate” Like Your Blood Pressure?
A website "bounce rate" is like a blood pressure reading. If either is too high, it's time to make some serious changes.
A bounce rate is basically the percentage of single-page visits to your website — or visits that do not result in consumers clicking on additional pages, including completing contact forms. For a small law firm or solo practitioner relying on a website to generate quality leads, a high bounce rate can be a problem.
How to Lower Your Bounce Rate
A bounce rate is not the only measure of a website's success. Bounce rates can vary widely by industry, and even by practice area within the legal vertical. There is no agreed-upon standard for acceptable bounce rates. However, if more than 50 percent of visitors to your website view only a single page, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is my firm's contact information prominently placed on every page? A visitor may only need to view a single page, if your content is optimized properly.
- Are the areas of law my firm practices obvious to my site visitors? Visitors should immediately discern what type of law you practice, so they know they've landed on the right site.
- Can visitors easily find practice area descriptions and attorney profiles? Once a visitor is interested in learning more, make it easy for him or her to learn more.
- Am I consistently getting the right types of leads? If you're an attorney who handles auto accidents and you keep getting inquires for slip-and-fall cases, you may want to work with a firm that specializes in search engine marketing for law firms.
- Is my website's content readable? You may be the best bankruptcy attorney in your city, but if your website's content is an impenetrable wall of text, visitors will bounce.
How to Track Your Bounce Rate
Google Analytics offers an easy way to track your bounce rate. But if you're not familiar with Google Analytics, contact us for a free consultation and one of our Law Firm Marketing Specialists will evaluate your site and provide some useful advice.
It will do wonders for your bounce rate, not to mention your blood pressure.
Also check out these previous posts:
Leave a Comment